Misadventures In Music - Thoughts Unfiltered

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I was just recalling when Roger Waters made “Radio Waves” a dance hit.
I mean, the song was already rather “pop” like for Roger and then after Radio KAOS was released, they go an remix “Radio Waves”, extending the length and adding all sorts of beats and instrumentation to make it more of a dance song. To be fair, it was the 80’s. Everyone was making extended mix singles. Duran Duran. Frankie Goes To Hollywood. Tears For Fears.
Just kidding you, Roger. Hey! I bought the silly thing meself so…

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
My five favorite bands who released only one album:

Derek and The Dominos-Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs (1970)
Willie and The Poor Boys-Willie and The Poor Boys (1983)
Temple of The Dog-Temple Of The Dog (1991)
Band of Gypsys-Band of Gypsys (1970)
Arcadia-So Red The Rose (1985)

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
Some of my criteria when choosing a Subaru of some type, was music connection options. I really love listening to music and considered several Limited edition Outbacks. Some of them did not have cd players but did have satellite radio, usb connections and Bluetooth of course. But I am hooked on Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth and the option of listening to compact discs while on the road. I could not compromise.
Now I know I could have bought a car and probably paid X amount of money to have a cd player installed. I have a large, respectable music collection so terrestrial and even satellite radio is simply mostly boring to me. I may listen to classic rock or 80’s new wave at times but not the same songs over and over thanks to lazy station programming. I have 29,000 curated song’s available on my iPhone alone.
I have only just tried throwing several digital files we use to call “albums” on a small thumb drive but the file sorting time and overall access is a bit of a hassle. I even tried connecting a portable harrdrive filled with digital music to the usb port of my Outback and that was chaos.
How do some of you access and listen to music whilst touring in your motorcar?

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
As previously mentioned, one of the options for listening to music in my new car is a usb port. I bought a few 2gb thumb drives on which to put a variety of albums to keep in the vehicle. I think I learned that 2gb is really too small.
Because of file sorting and management by the vehicle’s music player, I wanted to try small thumb drives. So this was an experiment and I have learned from it. I may try an 8 or 16gb thumb drive next. Or just settle for all the options I have now (which really covers a lot).
And while I am at it, I just wanted to also archive all my Beatles discs in better quality music format to some thumb drives for safe keeping and easy access.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Some of my criteria when choosing a Subaru of some type, was music connection options. I really love listening to music and considered several Limited edition Outbacks. Some of them did not have cd players but did have satellite radio, usb connections and Bluetooth of course. But I am hooked on Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth and the option of listening to compact discs while on the road. I could not compromise.
Now I know I could have bought a car and probably paid X amount of money to have a cd player installed. I have a large, respectable music collection so terrestrial and even satellite radio is simply mostly boring to me. I may listen to classic rock or 80’s new wave at times but not the same songs over and over thanks to lazy station programming. I have 29,000 curated song’s available on my iPhone alone.
I have only just tried throwing several digital files we use to call “albums” on a small thumb drive but the file sorting time and overall access is a bit of a hassle. I even tried connecting a portable harrdrive filled with digital music to the usb port of my Outback and that was chaos.
How do some of you access and listen to music whilst touring in your motorcar?

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I am also learning that the systems in some radio heads love to order music files accessed through usb, thumb drives alphabetically. This means, if you intend to listen to what we old timers refer to as an “album” stored on a usb thumb drive, the track listings will not be in the original sequence but re-arranged alphabetically unless you change each and every file name yourself. I find this unacceptable.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online