Mastodon (Official Thread)

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Re: Mastodon

I could care less if they are no mainstream now or not they kick ass.

Everyone is mainstream if they sign a major label deal and get on national t.v.

They have not really changed their sound that much and are still as abrasive and heavy as they were early on.

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! and Love that they Love Thin Lizzy..

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

Going to bump this thread.

Seeing them live in either September. Just depends where haha. I basically have a free plane ticket so I might fly out to see them in Atlanta and bring my friend Alex and get my friend Lindsey to come too if she is up for it and is living in Atlanta.

I have been listening to them non stop recently.

With out a doubt one of my favorite metal bands.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

In my circle Mastodon is considered poseur music for people who don't listen to real metal. Not that I listen to those tools... I'm autonomous like Daria, yo. ;) Their ATHF song freaking rules. I wish that played before every movie. Makes me laugh every single time.

Smoke The Sky

Reaction score

I only listened to Crack the Skye album and 5-6 songs from the older albums. In June 25 i was going to see live but because of Bill's illness, they cancelled all the concerts. Hope he'll get better soon.

Abraxas

Reaction score

Mastodon is awesome!! They are definitely talented and I hope they stick around for a long time.

joekusters

les paul
Reaction score

This is gonna be my first post on here, saw this thread and knew this would be the one I wanted to spend my first post on haha.

Mastodon is just awesome, if you close your eyes and listen to the album Crack the Skye, it's just like listening to those oldskool bands like Led Zeppelin etc. The guys in Mastodon are all very talented, and I think they've grown a lot on each album. Crack the Skye is defenitly in my list of top 10 (20 maybe) albums of all time. Too bad Bill was diagnosed with pancreatitis and that they had to cancel this summers tour. Hope Bill gets well pretty quick and that they continue rocking!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

You know I wanted to say that their Thin Lizzy cover is most excellent!!

:cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online