Mastodon (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That is a strange crossover for sure...I don't have any of Fiest's records, but do have all of Mastodon's.

I'll be back later to give them a listen and share my thoughts.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
That is a strange crossover for sure...I don't have any of Fiest's records, but do have all of Mastodon's.

I'll be back later to give them a listen and share my thoughts.

I don't own material by either artist but they have my attention for being open outside of their genre. The covers work better than one might suspect! :D

eccentric man

Reaction score
Hey, what do you guys think about Mastodon and Feist little project? Both are polar opposites but they released an EP where they covered each others songs! I thought it was pretty cool! Check it out! :grinthumb

Definitely interesting but I most definitely prefer Mastodon's actual covers rather than her sample / remix method of doing a cover.

Been listening to the band since Blood Mountain, liked all the earlier stuff whenever I had the chance to hear it. Took forever and a day to get into Crack the Skye though, only happened this summer. The Hunter is fantastic to my ears though, I hear a very Pink Floyd-esque influence coming out on that album.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Sox's nephew tells me I should check out Mastodon - but where to start?? I did hear one of their later songs on the radio the other week and liked it. Did their sound change quite a bit since the early days?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With 25-30 songs they should consider releasing all of them in a triple album form or release some as b-sides.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sox's nephew tells me I should check out Mastodon - but where to start?? I did hear one of their later songs on the radio the other week and liked it. Did their sound change quite a bit since the early days?

Their sound has changed bits and pieces each album. Depends on what songs you liked.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I'll listen some more to the songs posted here and on YouTube & see if I can pick any bargains up from Amazon.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Crack the Skye is worth checking out as far as albums go. Has a very progressive direction.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online