Marina and the Diamonds

Bryter Later

Reaction score
.........." Oh my god,this threads not about Shakira,it's actually about Marina " !!! :oyea: Sorry guys,could'nt resist that one :D.

Firstly,thank you Tray for starting this thread :grinthumb. Marina IMHOA is a young lady that has already shown great potential with her music,and clearly has a unique style and approach to her writing. Her lyrics often remind me of the clever cynicism,dark humour etc that 10cc used within their songs. It is so refreshing to see good,naturally talented artists entering the world of pop/indie pop music.

:cheers2 Bryter

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
with you 100% Tray. Fell into the trap of Marina's voice two summers ago when my music industry friend played two songs he had "I am not a Robot" and especially "Obsessions". Been a big fan since and yeah she reminds of Kate Bush, also aware of that not being one of her influences. However, she is all over the place, however fearful she will fall into a pop scene that will keep her from trying the experimental part of her music. She just announced she is going on tour in support of Katy Perry. :zzz: Although I guess that is good for her. I thought she would be bigger now as I also like all the songs on "Family Jewels".

Love her live performances too, I've saw her first two american concerts back in March of 2010 and twice more since, including a venue in on the NJ Shore with just 50 people after her seeing her in a sold out medium sized venue in NYC. I've also talked to her very friendly and down to earth.

MY Pictures:
Velvet Dress
4953351528_d0ed7cee23.jpg

4436775265_d2437b1278.jpg

Hippy Chick
4952758561_9e0d561c0a.jpg

Biker Chick
4965085515_50625e22d2.jpg

Hamburger anyone
4952759131_4e0d8dde3d.jpg

I know I've read that she's going on tour with Katy Perry, hmmm, think it's an odd match up really :confused: I'm not that keen on Katy Perry. But as you say it'll probably be good for her.

I was hoping you'd share some of your photos Aktivator :cheers2 And as usual they are fab! The gig with just 50 people must've been particularly good and it must've been great to meet her :grinthumb

.........." Oh my god,this threads not about Shakira,it's actually about Marina " !!! :oyea: Sorry guys,could'nt resist that one :D.

Firstly,thank you Tray for starting this thread :grinthumb. Marina IMHOA is a young lady that has already shown great potential with her music,and clearly has a unique style and approach to her writing. Her lyrics often remind me of the clever cynicism,dark humour etc that 10cc used within their songs. It is so refreshing to see good,naturally talented artists entering the world of pop/indie pop music.

:cheers2 Bryter

...or Catherine Zeta :D

:cheers2

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Great thread Tray :) I have nothing to add ............. Marina & the D's are fab. Did you get hold of the new album??

Sunny

Reaction score
Somebody had just informed me I've been had!!! :( In Thailand you can buy (very, very cheaply) dvd's and cd's of all the latest releases. Marina and the Diamonds are very popular there and when I saw on a market stall "Die Life" I got it for $1:50. It is actually just a compilation of lots of her songs .................. big rip off ............. but what did I expect for that price. It's still good listening though. I also got "The Kings Speech" in perfect working order for $2 :grinthumb

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I'd been left scratching my head about where you'd got her new album from, so that explains things, but sorry you were duped, Sunny.

Sunny

Reaction score
I'd been left scratching my head about where you'd got her new album from, so that explains things, but sorry you were duped, Sunny.

Actually I can see the funny side. I thought it was all Marina & the D's. Friends who are having a good laugh have informed me that some of the tracks are some singer called Kate Alexa who I have never heard of, and Rihanna, Kate Perry and one was Pink!! .......... who I do recognise. The CD didn't come in a proper CD case thing just a little plastic envelope but all the rest of it looked like the genuine thing ............. what do you expect for what is cost but still ............ I feel a bit silly :bonk: Oh well, I also came home with a "genuine" Prada handbag and a "genuine" Rolex watch :D

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
This band kix a MIGHTY ass :):):)

:grinthumb

@Sunny
:heheh:

Well I supposed you've not lost much at $1.50, that's the main thing! No I've never heard of Kate Alexa either & Rihanna, Katy Perry & Pink are not really my cup of tea so had I been in your shoes there would have been a few expletives uttered on playing the disc :heheh:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Eagerly awaiting her second album! I read somewhere that it's been put back from October, maybe even until next year though.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online