Maim That Tune!

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Personally, I don't mind that remake. I don't love it, but I sure don't hate it either. The only thing that I really don't like is where he's doing the talking and spelling about 2/3 of the way through, but for the rest of the song, I kinda dig it a little bit.

I can't believe I actually had that CD. :oyea:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I've got a couple of LB discs, I don't know if that was on an LB release or if it was just on that movie soundtrack.

So I take it you didn't mind it either. ;)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I've got a couple of LB discs, I don't know if that was on an LB release or if it was just on that movie soundtrack.

So I take it you didn't mind it either. ;)

I think it sucks now. My pre-teen hormones liked it. :grinthumb

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Anything close to rock, from Little Richard to Alice Cooper, that Pat Boone has attempted has been garbage. And I never cared for Michael Jackson's version of "Come Together" either.

bells

Reaction score
I actually really like Paul Anka's version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" mentioned upthread. Love that Tony Bennett swing vibe.

The one I really dislike (which is a bummer because I like Metallica): Metallica's version of Bob Seger's "Turn the Page." To me, it's just flatline, emotionless, and doesn't go anywhere. Bob's was a soaring masterpiece, IMO.

bells

Reaction score
This one has always bothered me: The Cowboy Junkies' version of Velvet Underground/Lou Reed's "Sweet Jane." It's way too slow (not good groove slow, just dead). I think even a micron faster would have helped. But what really bugs me is that she whistles the letter S. "SSSsssweet SSSsssweet Jane..." It's actually painful to hear. Has anyone else noticed this? I always wondered how it got past the studio stage. Maybe my ears are broken.

She whistles throughout, but :57, 1:27, 2:23 and 2:28 are pretty bad. (Hm, after I posted it, those times keep changing. ?)

It always reminded me of Gopher in Winnie the Pooh. This is a dumb video but you get the point, and the random explosion is kind of funny, IMO. "Oh bother."

Last edited:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Yikes Iggy. I remember All Saints from the late 90's just barely, and now I know why. :bonk:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online