Maim That Tune!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
We have all sorts of "best of" threads, including a "best / favorite covers" thread. How about the flip side of it. Feel free to list what you consider to be the worst remakes and covers ever recorded.

(and for what it's worth, if you really like one (or more) of the songs listed, don't go getting all emo or butt-hurt about someone else listing it. It's not personal, just sharing likes and dislikes. Opinions on the music, not the fans)

:cheers2

So, let's get on with it. In your opinion, what are some of
The Worst Cover Tunes Ever Recorded!?

Macy Gray - Walk This Way

Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb

^^^ yeah, that's supposedly comfortably numb. Take out the lyrics and just play the music, could you EVER tell it's the same song?! The ONLY thing that resembles the original is simply the lyrics and nothing more but even the delivering of them is such an incredible butchering of Pink Floyd, it almost makes me ill.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Worst Covers Ever Recorded

Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb

Yeah...it's nothing like the original but I like the Scissor Sisters and their cover. I'm pretty sure they were trying to make it silly. ;)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Then they succeeded in spades! :heheh:

Well it's not as though this...

scissors.jpg

exactly reeks of seriousness. :heheh:

Lynch

Reaction score

Bill Shatner - Rocket Man

(doesn't really start until the 0:50 mark).

we could easily put every single "cover" that Shatner ever did in this thread, couldn't we?

Mr. T

Reaction score

Here's another example of sacrilege. This is shameful coz they weren't tryna be silly! :uh:

Lynch

Reaction score

Ok, one more then I'll step back and let some others throw down a few. ;)

This isn't really a "cover" since the original artist is involved, but it's such a putrid version, I figure it can be listed.

Chuck Berry, John Lennon and Yoko (Please STFU) Ono doing Memphis, Tennessee.

While the 'jam' part of the song is ok, Chuck and John's voices really don't work together very well. Add in at right around the 1:20 mark, Yoko starts her bellaring, crow calling. I dunno wtf you call it, but it's downright hideos. The look on Chuck's face is kinda funny though. She does it like 3 more times during the song, including at the end where it sounds like they turned her mic down. Just brutal

Mr. T

Reaction score

Lynch... since you brought up William Shatner I just HAVE TO add this one. This is simply wretched!!! Methinks you should have called this thread "Maim That Tune" :heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online