Little Feat (Official Thread)

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Re: Little Feat

Here's one of my favorites from Little Feat...

Down On The Farm

Removed dead video

Reaction score

Finally listened to something aside from my Greatest Hits CD:D

Sailin' Shoes.. and I am loving it.. makes me want even more... and on vinyl, but funds are low now, so I'll have to make do with the digital copy I downloaded, but it is great.. I prefer Linda Ronstadt's version of Willin', but that's my only compmlaint about the album:heheh::grinthumb

Reaction score

Thought I'd bump this one with one of my favorites:bump::grinthumb

Oh Atlanta, WLIR, Hempstead, L.I., NY 1974-09-19, footage is a bit shaky, but sounds alright, and the band sounds damn good:D

spudnuto

Reaction score

Love the Feat!! I haven't listened much since Lowell left/passed away though. That is, I haven't bought any of their music without him in the band...almost feel guilty about that. Saw them live in 1978...one of my most cherished concert experiences...seeing Lowell George. He sang "Willin" and told the story about getting fired from the Mothers. I think he was one of the uhm..."chosen few" or the hand of God slipped pouring talent into him. He was a special/unique talent. What a wonderful voice (not to mention his guitar playing/songwriting) he had. One of the very best bands to ever come out of L.A./Calif.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I'm in the same boat Spud, I haven't listened to any of the albums after Lowell George passed away, and according to more than one fan they are worth checking out.

It's a matter of time, I simply never have enough to get to everything I want to play anymore.:wa

Nice to see another Little Feat fan in here and thanks for dusting this one off EB, I'll post the next album later today.:hab:

joe

Reaction score

Little Feat are one of those few bands that really ground me. Nothing fancy but just great rock 'n' roll. IMO, they didn't get the credit they deserved. Sailin' Shoes and Dixie Chicken are 5 star albums and I place them in the 'lost classics' category.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

The next album title was a premonition of things to come, "The Last Record Album". Recorded in 1975 and instead of another triumphant record the tensions within the band created the framework for a rather halfhearted effort from Lowell George. He was starting to fade into the background and despite the contributions of the other talented members he was the major force in the band. I think his drug addiction problems were definitely part of the problem, and add that to the usual trouble creative people have in any group larger than one and you have the recipe for what was to come.

Still it's not a complete loss, just because it doesn't quite measure up to it's predecessors is no reason to dismiss it completely. There are some gems and in this case the CD reissue included two tracks from "Waiting For Columbus" which were not included on that excellent live album so they put them on this one, which doesn't hurt at all.

All That You Dream.

Reaction score

Bought a bunch of records today:grinthumb

I already had heard Sailin' Shoes, but needed a hard copy, and I also bought Down On the Farm.. this album, is excellent.. It sounds great, Great singing and instrumentation too.. This is really awesome to listen to.. even more so than my previous favorite Sailin' Shoes... Down on the farm is an excellent album, I've played it twice now.. definitely a 10/10 from me:tup:

1979-little-feat-down-on-the-farm%5B1%5D.jpg
LittleFeat-DownFarm-B%231.jpg

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I like a bit of Little Feat, Lowell George is up there with the best of 'em. I like the funky feel to the tracks on Feats Don't Fail Me Now.

Removed dead video

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice to see you scratching the surface of Little Feat Sox, I have a soft spot for "Feats Don't Fail Me Now" myself, it was the first album I listened to.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.