Little Feat (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: Little Feat

Yeah I'm finally chasing down stuff I've had on the "Must Get" list .. some albums and bands have been on that list for a long, long time .. but I'm getting there steadily LG.

Reaction score

Check out Lowell George's solo album, Thanks I'll Eat Here, Sox.. It is pretty good, a lot of great songs on it:grinthumb

74384465_1bd5a88364.jpg

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I'll make a note of that eberg cheers, I think his slide work was incredible.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

My brother had that one, I never listened to it though. Then again I stop at Time Loves a Hero myself.

Reaction score

My brother had that one, I never listened to it though. Then again I stop at Time Loves a Hero myself.

I really like Down On the Farm too, I haven't tried anything post Lowell, and I don't think I will.. As great as the rest of the band is, I don't want to ruin what I think of Little Feat for myself because I know it was Lowell that made the sound groove, and his writing that made those great musicians sound so good:tup:

I still have to get their debut though.. I found a new record shop, downtown, that will probably have some of the albums I couldn't find on vinyl at my other shop:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I agree with you EB, I feel that Little Feat and Lowell George are inseparable, and even though they toured and kept releasing albums over the years, I am content staying in the past.

Reaction score

I don't want to take away from the band, I'm sure they are still great, and give a good show, but it would've been awesome to see them back then:D

84892600.jpg

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Excellent band. I thought I was the alone in loving Little Feat. They are all extraordinary musicians. Love their early stuff, especially all the "Neon Park" albums.

Favourite songs of theirs are "Dixie Chicken" and "Fat Man in a Bath Tub".

There is an excellent dvd of them featuring Lowell George called "Skin it Back". Well worth checking out if you can get it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Always great to see another discerning fan who likes Little Feat join the party.:hab:

I don't have many DVD's but that one you mentioned sounds interesting, I'll see if I can find a streaming version.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online