Little Feat (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Little Feat

Following in the footsteps of Dixie Chicken came "Feats Don't Fail Me Now" released in 1974, which is actually the first Little Feat album I ever listened to. My brother bought it and when he played it I asked what band it was, and he said, "You've never heard of Little Feat before?"...I admitted that oversight and ended up playing this one everyday for a week. Most LF albums were like that for me, I had to listen to them a few times before really getting into what they were doing, but it was worth the effort.

Here's Rock And Roll Doctor.

Removed dead video

Reaction score

Oh Atlanta is my favorite off that one, and the slide playing on that clip of R+R Dr. was excellent, truly inspiring:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

...Looks like it's just you and me Kid...:lmao:

Sorry couldn't help myself.:D

That is probably my favorite album, sometimes it's Dixie Chicken but they would be the two I would want if I was stranded on a desert island.:cheers:

Reaction score

...Looks like it's just you and me Kid...:lmao:

Sorry couldn't help myself.:D

That is probably my favorite album, sometimes it's Dixie Chicks but they would be the two I would want if I was stranded on a desert island.:cheers:

:lmao:
Please don't take offense, but my grandma makes that joke like 4 times every time I'm with her:tongue::heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That's not her line buddy, I think that is "Humphrey Bogart's" classic line from one of his old movies,,,damn if I can remember the name right now though...:bonk:

...It could have been "Here's looking at you kid", damn I can't remember anything anymore.

Reaction score

That's not her line buddy, I think that is "Humphrey Bogart's" classic line from one of his old movies,,,damn if I can remember the name right now though...:bonk:

...It could have been "Here's looking at you kid", damn I can't remember anything anymore.

I know what you're talking about, I've seen clips from the movies a lot, I don't know why I've never sat down and watched the HB movies... maybe the black and white has always turned me off from them... There was a geocities site or a site from cjbnet site, and it is gone, this dude had it up maybe 2 years ago, about some different video production and special effects stuff.. he took clips from the movies and warped them, put colors/effects to them for one of his demo things...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That is common with the younger generation, they just can't watch a B&W film. It is too bad because many of the films post WWII were shot in B&W on purpose, even though color film was available.

Casablanca, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The African Queen, The Maltese Falcon are all good movies, and the Maltese Falcon is only about 90 minutes long I think. Just make sure you do give them one viewing before you pass on.:grinthumb

Reaction score

That is common with the younger generation, they just can't watch a B&W film. It is too bad because many of the films post WWII were shot in B&W on purpose, even though color film was available.

Casablanca, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The African Queen, The Maltese Falcon are all good movies, and the Maltese Falcon is only about 90 minutes long I think. Just make sure you do give them one viewing before you pass on.:grinthumb

I really wish I could watch the B+W films, a lot of the older movies have such good, pure filming skill, and more relied on the directing and acting than special effects(which I love, but there needs to be more) also, the colors and contrasts and everything, are probably what I love most about editing or putting effects to film/animation...

I had to watch Citizen Kane for a film analysis class... it was soooo long for me, mostly because of the black and white.... I barely made it through, the lack of contrasts and colors just completely bored me:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I will not watch the colorized version of "A Christmas Carol" with Alistair Sim, that movie just has to be seen in B&W, the shadows, the lighting everything is just Perfect.

Wait till Snoop sees this she'll post her "Off Topic" "Thread Hijacked" smilie in here...:heheh:

Catch you tomorrow EB.

Reaction score

I've seen that one in black and white:grinthumb
not my favorite, story/film, but I've seen it:heheh:

and I'll put it back on topic before we get in trouble:tongue:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member