Little Feat (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Little Feat

Coming next is what many people consider the "Must Have" Little Feat record, Dixie Chicken. Lowell George was at his best on this record, the band had finally found their "Sound", and pretty much every LF album after this one had the stamp of Dixie Chicken on it. It's a toss up for me, between this one and the next one, but I guess if you were new to the band and wanted the best place to start, this is the album for you. Play this one a few times, you really have to LF is a band that grows on you with time, so patience is going to pay off for sure. Recorded in 1973 Dixie Chicken deserves a place on your table.:D

Fat Man in the Bathtub.

Removed dead video

Last edited:

Reaction score

I have to check that album out LG!

I've only heard Dixie Chicken and Fat Man... I have a feeling I'll love the rest of it though:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Looks like it's just you and me Kid...:lmao:

Little Feat is a fun band, totally unique sounding as well, which when you think of it is an accomplishment. Kind of sad that so few people even acknowledge their existence in here, but I will carry by myself if necessary at least to the end of my CD collection, which is about 4 more albums.:hab:

Last edited:

Reaction score

Looks like it's just you and me Kid...:lmao:

Little Feat is a fun band, totally unique sounding as well, which when you think of it is an accomplishment. Kind of sad that so few people even acknowledge their existence in here, but I will carry by myself if necessary at least to the end of my CD collection, which is about 4 more albums.:hab:

Someone will join in, I have a promotional idea:tongue:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Well, well, well...another Little Feat fan just showed up...

Let me pull up a chair and sit a bit....

I'm a big fan of the Lowell George, Paul Barrere, Fred Tackett and the rest of the band. Even after Lowell George died, the band continued to put out good albums and put on great concerts. I seen them in concert once in the early/mid 90's and once in 2003(?). I really enjoy their whole body of work.

My favorite album is probably ''Feats Don't Fail Me Now'', followed by ''Dixie Chicken'', ''Salin' Shoes'' and ''Down On The Farm''

2m81d3b.jpg

Removed dead video

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice to have another "Discerning" fan of Little Feat in here GM.:tup:

I agree with you about "Feats Don't Fail Me Now", it's my pick of the litter as well.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

The only Little Feat song I know from memory is the outstanding "Time Loves A Hero", but I'm sure I'd recognize more from the radio if I heard them.

I recall them sounding very much like The Band (who I liked a lot back then).

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I never thought of that comparison Dave, musicianship they are both top notch, if I thought about it, Little Feat is a Southern Rock/Blues version of the Band...that works for me.

And thanks for stopping by the Chicken Shack...:grinthumb

bobbyg29

Professor of Rock n Roll
Reaction score

Another big fan of The Feat here...one of the best "Southern Rock" bands (or bands in general) of all time)..Lowell George was a musical genius. Most people don't know that he was a member of Frank Zappa's Mothers of Invention.

One of my favorite performances of there's was the Midnight Special episode w/ special guests Bonnie Riatt and Emmylou Harris. Check it out...

Removed dead video

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I almost posted that video myself a couple of days ago BobbyG...nice to have another LF fan in the house.:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online