zeppelin.jpg

2109446818_e872547aa9.jpg

Jason Bonham on Drums:

jason-bonham-ludwig-vistalite-drum-set.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Led Zeppelin ~ November 2009

Nice pictures everyone...wow I never saw a photo of Jason Bonham till now...looks a little Lighter than his old man...:D

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Great thread, Magic!

Once again, I'm impressed. This whole Forum impresses me.

I never saw Led Zeppelin in concert, but I did see Robert Plant in concert on his first solo album (Pictures at Eleven) and tour, back in '82 at the Nassau Coliseum, Long Island, New York. A cool show but the big surprise came at the end - Jimmy Page came out for the encore and played ''Stairway To Heaven'' and the place went absolutely crazy!!! I believe it was the first time ''Stairway To Heaven'' since the Led Zeppelin days. The next day the radio was a buzz with Led Zeppelin reunion rumors.

I also, seen Jimmy Page with The Firm back in the 80's and the ARMS Concerts* at Madison Square Garden that featured Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page in 1983.

*The ARMS Charity Concerts were a series of charitable rock concerts in support of Action into Research for Multiple Sclerosis in 1983. The idea for hosting the concert was envisaged by Ronnie Lane, ex-bassist for The Small Faces and The Faces, himself a casualty of multiple sclerosis - Wikipedia.

51rknl.jpg

Reaction score

A really awesome and versatile band.
John Bonham is hands-down the best drummer in the world. The only one who comes close is Peart.
John Paul Jones could play sooo many instruments it's amazing, and so well! A real talent.
Jimmy Page a really cool guitarist and one of the best producers ever. Flawless.
Robert Plant's voice gives me the occasional goosebump. Amazing singer.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

Bonzo is the weirdest drummer I've ever heard. It sounds like he is blitzed on hashish and making up his parts as he goes along, for his entire career. It always sounds just a little bit too slow for the rest of the music. Gives the whole band a very unique, meandering feel. Heavier, too.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

John Bonham's Grave:

12297313.jpg

Love all the drum sticks that people have left.. Pretty cool.. When I visit my friends graves I leave a penny on their headstone.. It's my way of saying "Penny For Your Thoughts" I'm thinking of you my friend...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online