Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
gcc, I'm glad you remembered Jonesy's birthday. People often overlook that one. A belated Happy Birthday to John Paul Jones and my lovely Jimmy, who still keeps rockin'. :grinthumb

Looking forward to whatever Jimmy has planned for this year. Admittedly I haven't cruised his website in a little while but last I heard he had plans for new material in 2012.

In My Time of Dying is a great tune but about 3-4 minutes too long for mine.

Says the Pink Floyd fan. :nw:

(I kid. :flirt)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
gcc, I'm glad you remembered Jonesy's birthday. People often overlook that one. A belated Happy Birthday to John Paul Jones and my lovely Jimmy, who still keeps rockin'. :grinthumb

Looking forward to whatever Jimmy has planned for this year. Admittedly I haven't cruised his website in a little while but last I heard he had plans for new material in 2012.

Says the Pink Floyd fan. :nw:

(I kid. :flirt)
lol I was joking anyway, I enjoyed In My Time Of Dying. Love the flow of the songs on Graffiti.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
1/18/75 The Met Center, Minnesota. The first date of the 1975 U.S. Tour.

Newspaper review: Led Zeppelin descended upon Minneapolis this past weekend and proved to a jam-packed crowd of more than 20,000 devotees that it is still the world's premiere heavy-metal rock and roll band.

The concert, which kicked off the band's 1975 North American tour in fine fashion, marked Led Zeppelin's first appearance on this side of the Atlantic Ocean in almost 18 months. Few groups are capable of approaching the energy level that Jimmy Page and company maintained from start to finish during the Zep's 2 1/2-hour performance. Still intact after almost seven years together as a tight, cohesive musical unit, Led Zeppelin has evolved from its beginnings as a heavy blues outfit, which specialized in long meandering hams into a sophisticated professional high energy rock band, capable of selling out one 50,000-seat football stadium after another all by itself, without the benefit of a warm-up act.

The group appeared onstage almost precisely at its scheduled 8 p.m. starting time to a thunderous roar from the crowd and broke right into Rock and Roll, led by Jimmy Page's hard, slashing guitar lines. With the exception of Moby Dick, the band's standard showcase for drummer John Bonham, and a brief, 30-second excerpt from Whole Lotta Love during the encore, the group confined its attention to its most recent albums, Led Zeppelin 4 and Houses Of The Holy, along with a number of selections from its coming Physical Grafitti LP. The new material was a particular highlight, most notably Kashmir, an ominously moody number featuring some intrigiung synthesizer work from John Paul Jones and Trampled Underfoot, a surging rocker whose title is most self-explanitory. A tremendous version of Stairway To Heaven, sparked by Robert Plant's emotion-charged vocals, elicited the most enthusiastic reception of the evening.

It was the group's dynamic stage presence which impressed me above all else. These guys are totally in charge of the situation at all times, with Plant's rousing vocal histrionics and lanky, blond-maned frame (extremely sexy, according to most of the young ladies I spoke with before and after the show) commanding the attention of all. Page has developed into an energetic, exciting performer, prancing about and exchanging knowing smiles with Plant while he tosses out a succession of stupendous solos, each more incredible than the one before.

Other goodies for the evening included overwhelmingly powerful arrangements of When The Levee Breaks and The Song Remains The Same, which, along with the Physical Graffiti material were being performed for the first time, according to Plant. Near the end, Plant apologized to the crowd for the band being "rusty." He needn't have bothered — if Led Zeppelin was operating at only half-speed, I would be hard-pressed to imagine how sensational this band would be on a good night!

During its long tenure at the top of the heavy-metal rock pile, Led Zeppelin has met and defeated the challenges of untold numbers of pretenders to its throne, and if this past Saturday's performance is any indication of what's to come, I seriously doubt whether a band exists capable of equalling, much less surpassing, what Led Zeppelin could do in its sleep. The group's superb sound system and colorful lighting effects, which bathed the performers in a Avide variety of intense colors; added considerably to the over-all effect. In this highly inflationary age, Led Zeppelin gives its fans their money's worth and then more. Five years ago I willingly paid $10 for an 18th row ticket to the group's show in the same Bloomington Sports Centre (1970), the home of the Minnesota North Stars hockey club, yet this past week my 11th row seat cost just $8.50, a paltry sum for what this group delivers.

I would have liked to see the group play longer, and I doubt if there were more than a handful of people who would have left the building if the group played 15 encores into the small hours of the morning. - Free Press, Jan. 23, 1975.

Last edited:

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
I really hope Jimmy plays some shows this year, never seen him play live. Hopefully if he can find what Myles Kennedy is too Slash, be fantastic.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
He has been planning on it from what I can tell Powerage but I haven't checked his official website in a bit. May want to check there but we should be expecting to see something from him this year and I will definitely be looking into tickets if he tours. :grinthumb

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
He has been planning on it from what I can tell Powerage but I haven't checked his official website in a bit. May want to check there but we should be expecting to see something from him this year and I will definitely be looking into tickets if he tours. :grinthumb

Just checked out and joined his official site. The archive, from what I've seen so far, looks incredible!

I've got a recording of the 07 Zeppelin show, and his playing is absolutely amazing on it.

He's more than got the chops to pull it off, he could headline most UK festivals for a start, get JPJ and Jason Bonham to back him, just need to find a vocalist!

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I like the "On this day..." feature that's from Jimmy's perspective. Much better than just reading some trivia from a fan's POV. :grinthumb It's still a relatively new site and there's some pretty incredible photos from Jimmy's own collection. I have a lot of catching up to do on it.

I could see that happening P. JPJ and JB are more than willing to come together but Robert's made it pretty clear he isn't into hard rock anymore and wants to pursue other endeavors. Probably a good thing since his voice isn't exactly the best its ever been.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would be curious enough to check out any projects he does that is different.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online