Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Listening to Houses of the Holy, the experimental nature somewhat of this album is refreshing to me, was heavily panned by critics which usually means they did something right, don't sell out to make an album suitable to the critics.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Hey gcc... Just wondering where do you get your daily Zep trivia? Always appreciate the updates my friend. :cheers2

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Hey gcc... Just wondering where do you get your daily Zep trivia? Always appreciate the updates my friend. :cheers2
Thank you and I'm glad you like them. The concert dates...I have memorized in my head due to the tapes and CDs that I have gathered throught the years. Pictures and vids care of ledzeppelin.com and youtube respectively. It is good of those fans to post them there for all to reference. As far as remembering other bits to update them here, every workday at 7 PM I tune in to local DJ Gary Moore of KLOS who caps off his "Get The Led Out" segment with something Zeppelin notable in history about that day.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
You are far superior in that respect sir. I have the hardest time recalling facts and you are more familiar with bootlegs and their live stuff. There used to be a station in Texas that had a Get the Led Out segment daily. Now up here all I have is some Beatles double play thing and that's about as fun as it gets. Also have a really cool app on my iPhone that has a "This Day in Led Zeppelin" feature so if you have an Apple product I recommend. :grinthumb

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
A day late BUT on 1/26/69...The Tea Party in Boston, the lads played a show over four hours!

John Paul Jones: “As far as I’m concerned, the key Zeppelin gig, the one that put everything into focus, was one that we played on our first American tour at the Boston Tea Party. We’d played our usual one hour set, using all the material for the first album and Page’s White Summer guitar piece and by the end, the audience just wouldn’t let us offstage. It was in such a state that we had to start throwing ideas around, just thinking of songs that we might all know or that some of us knew a part of and work it out from there.

So we’d go back on and play things like “I Saw Her Standing There” and “Please Please Me”, old Beatles favorites. I mean, just anything that would come into our head and the response was quite amazing. There were kids actually bashing their heads against the stage – I’ve never seen that a gig before or since, and when we finally left the stage, we’d played for four plus hours.

Peter (Grant) was absolutely ecstatic. He was crying, if you can imagine that, and hugging us all. You know with this grizzly bear hug. I suppose it was then that we realized just what Led Zeppelin was going to become.” – (NME, Feb. 1973)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I remember reading about that gig gcc, and it always stuck out in my mind. The head banging thing seemed almost unprecedented at the time, and really was an indicator to the band that they had something fresh, new and exciting that was going to shake up the rock scene. It also gave the critics plenty of ammo to slam our boys because they had never seen anything like it, and then the 70's rolled in and everyone followed suit and they shut their traps. :****:

I'm trying to recall which rock star I remember reading about who was at an LZ show and had to plug his ears because they were so loud. Clapton perhaps? I can't remember. :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online