Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

E-Z

Reaction score
I don't hardly ever listen to the mighty LED ZEPPELIN ever even though I have all there studio and live albums plus a early long box version x4 cds of the 'crop circle' compilation re-masters and it's hard box volume 2 re-masters as well but one recording of there's I wouldn't mind having and listening to is the band playing a tribute to British rock & rollers Johnny Kidd & the Pirates recorded in 1969 which I've seen advertised on vinyl for $260 or on cd for $120 plus the cover art of Page & Plant on stage somewhere looks pretty good in it's own right.

E-Z

Last edited:

bbif

Reaction score
If you can live with the redubs, The Song Remains The Same is one hell of a live album. The remaster has Since I've Been Loving You, which previously was only on the video.

Of the studio albums, Physical Graffiti was a monster album, but every album up to that point has some tracks that are just so good you feel guilty for not naming them "the best LZ album". I'm looking in particular at Volume 2 & 4 here.

E-Z

Reaction score
Never been much of a fan of the mighty LED ZEPPELIN I was always a DEEP PURPLE fan especially of the MkII & MkIII versions of the band BUT I'm just listening to Led Zeppelin II the album and I must admit the album sounds pretty good guys.

E-Z

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Last week, I finally listened to all of the Celebration Day album from the reunion a couple of years back. I have very mixed feelings on it. A strange mix of great tracks and some other ones that seemed out of place.

The musicianship was pretty decent on most of it, but Plant's vocals, as good as they were in the second half of the show, seemed VERY shaky to me in the first half of the first disc.
Celebration_Day_cover.jpg

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
played this album 07/10....imho its way to much underrated

View attachment 21118

I've always liked that album and I think it's vastly underrated. seeing how much the band changed in terms of earlier work, mid-career work and this album, it would have been interesting to see how long they would have lasted and if their popularity would have remained, based on how different this album was.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online