Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

Krasus

Reaction score
So... I’m listening to Led Zeppelin right now, good opportunity to write something.

With the passage of time, I can notice a little "backwards effect" of mine. Back in the day, when I was getting into rock, my fav album was IV. You know, that was "just the right thing" for a freshman - best-selling, most popular album with some indisputably outstanding tracks, to mention Stairway To Heaven only. After few years, my favourite changed to II, hard rock power with lots of out-of-scheme ideas. Now, I think debut is the best, it’s rawness, blues-around flavor, maybe a bit of intended imperfection - that’s so cool! In fact, I’m honestly wondering now, if IV is as flawless as most think. Well, A-side of the album and Levee are an out-and-out perfection, but the remaining three tracks... well, no so much perfection as the aforementioned ones.
Albums after IV don’t appeal to me so much, although Houses Of The Holy includes my favourite track of them (No Quarter) and if Physical Graffiti was one CD album, it would be their best one. The rest is still listenable, even if not that captivating to me. Live albums, especially How The West Was Won, are worth recommending as well. Many tracks are perfeormed even better than their studio versions.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So... I’m listening to Led Zeppelin right now, good opportunity to write something.

With the passage of time, I can notice a little "backwards effect" of mine. Back in the day, when I was getting into rock, my fav album was IV. You know, that was "just the right thing" for a freshman - best-selling, most popular album with some indisputably outstanding tracks, to mention Stairway To Heaven only. After few years, my favourite changed to II, hard rock power with lots of out-of-scheme ideas. Now, I think debut is the best, it’s rawness, blues-around flavor, maybe a bit of intended imperfection - that’s so cool! In fact, I’m honestly wondering now, if IV is as flawless as most think. Well, A-side of the album and Levee are an out-and-out perfection, but the remaining three tracks... well, no so much perfection as the aforementioned ones.
Albums after IV don’t appeal to me so much, although Houses Of The Holy includes my favourite track of them (No Quarter) and if Physical Graffiti was one CD album, it would be their best one. The rest is still listenable, even if not that captivating to me. Live albums, especially How The West Was Won, are worth recommending as well. Many tracks are perfeormed even better than their studio versions.

Personally, I feel Physical Graffiti is their masterpiece.....their creative peak. Kashmir is my all time fav song. However, Houses of the Holy is my favorite album. Dancing Days, D'Yer Maker, No Quarter, The Ocean make a perfect album flow of songs.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep Physical Graffiti is their peak album in my opinion. More diverse songs.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Personally, I feel Physical Graffiti is their masterpiece.....their creative peak. Kashmir is my all time fav song. However, Houses of the Holy is my favorite album. Dancing Days, D'Yer Maker, No Quarter, The Ocean make a perfect album flow of songs.

Yep Physical Graffiti is their peak album in my opinion. More diverse songs.

Same reason I put Houses as a close second favourite because its another great experiment on their sound.

wow amazing is this my second favourite is House this album has a personnel story to tell agree with you both on Graffiti...

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
wow amazing is this my second favourite is House this album has a personnel story to tell agree with you both on Graffiti...

Houses is definitely my favorite! It also has very cool album art. :D

If I want to hear raw bluesy LZ, I will pull out I and II.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online