Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

E-Z

Reaction score
I'm listening to LED ZEPPELIN II a bit lately.

Anyway I know this guy who's around 40 years old and who plays guitar in a band (not a named band) and is currently on his days off from his normal day job is in the studio laying down the finishing touches to what sounds like a solo album working with a producer anyway this guy happens to tell me that he apparently lives around the same area of London that Jimmy lives and apparently he occasionally runs into Jimmy in the street and chats with him and Jimmy apparently even knows this guy by his first name anyway this came about after I was saying about Led Zeppelin's Houses Of The Holy album and this guy tells me he's a big Led Zeppelin fan and it was Jimmy's 74th birthday on Tuesday and also he occasionally runs into him!!.

E-Z

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
March 2018 is the 45th birthday of Houses of the Holy

1402042799_led-zeppelin-houses-of-the-holy-1973-1994-flac-image-.cue.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houses_of_the_Holy

D'yer Mak'er

This song was LZ's satirical attempt at Jamaican reggae

Arkie

Reaction score
Led Zep was one band I never got to see....

but I have seen Allison Kraus with Robert Plant.

I never saw that pairing, but I did get to see Plant and Patty Griffin down the street @ the Continental Club.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Kashmir (from the Celebration Day footage)

One of my favorite Zeppelin tracks. I picked up Celebration Day a while back (last year maybe) and listened to it on a road trip. I have to say that I was pretty underwhelmed by much of it. Some of the songs were good, many ok-at-best. I think the biggest draw was simply the nostalgia factor.

Anyway, they did a damn good job on this version of Kashmir, one of the highlights of the entire show. :bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online