Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Achillies Last Stand is in my top ten favorite Zep songs and quite possibly top 5. What's not to like about that tune?

I found it to be way too long and got boring to hear after awhile. As over rated as Stairway To Heaven may be and as much as long as some think In My Time of Dying is I enjoyed those songs more. Achilles though while not a crap song I just found it to be incredibly average and a little boring.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I found it to be way too long and got boring to hear after awhile. As over rated as Stairway To Heaven may be and as much as long as some think In My Time of Dying is I enjoyed those songs more. Achilles though while not a crap song I just found it to be incredibly average and a little boring.
This is what I've been saying for years. Liked it when I was in high school, but since that time, I've found it to be one of the most overrated/overhyped Zeppelin tunes ever.

JM2CW. To those that like it... :cheers2

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Robert and Wolfy...

Robert Plant's radio appearance with Wolfman Jack June 1972...

Really hilarious interview with mostly girls calling in. Bonham is in the studio but does not say anything just laughing in the background.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Plant, Ice Cream and...

...a Zeppelin 4th of July!

Corbis-PN004913.jpg
Corbis-PN004402.jpg

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Plant's apparent role as one of rock's elder statesmen seems to be further enhanced by his physical appearance.Don't the long hair and beard make him seem even more like some sort of wise older tribesmen?

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Planting

Plant appearing unannounced at BJ's...a small New Orleans club.

As he’s repeatedly made clear over the years, Robert Plant does what he wants, when he wants. And lately, that means showing up in some unexpected places.

On July 15, Plant stunned the audience at BJ’s, a small New Orleans club, when he appeared unannounced for a two-hour set with the night’s expected headliner, Guitar Lightnin’ Lee. Describing it as “amazing,” one YouTube user (whose clip you can watch above) called the show a “blues jam that included 12-bar and shuffle versions of ‘Black Dog,’ ‘Since I’ve Been Loving You’ and more.”

Plant, who’s currently touring the region, has a history of making surprise appearances in New Orleans. He also recently turned up unexpectedly in Memphis, where he sat in on a recording session for the next North Mississippi Allstars album, contributing harmonica to a track.

“We let him use Al Green’s mic,” said Boo Mitchell, who owns Royal Studios, the Memphis institution where the sessions took place. “He dug the sound and the fact that we haven’t changed anything. He had a fabulous time … He should play harmonica more than he does. He is a badass harmonica player.”

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.