gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Turning The Page

From Page's manager:

'still no progress on any solo work' from Jimmy Page says his manager
Peter Mensch on Reddit

'What lurks in the mind and vaults of Jimmy Page, only he knows.' says
his manager Peter Mensch on Reddit QPrimeMGMT comments on I have managed bands for over thirty years and currently look after Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jimmy Page, Muse, Josh Groban, Dawes, and others. I am Peter Mensch AMA!

Eddie Kramer is NOT involved in remastering the Led Zeppelin back catalogue.

EXCLUSIVE: The contents of the Led Zeppelin remaster box sets: 'studio
outtakes, different mixes' #ledzeppelin

The new Led Zeppelin remaster box sets will be 'way better' than
previous reissues says Jimmy Page's manager Peter Mensch.

The release date for the Led Zeppelin box sets is 'a moving target. LZ
Time is like no other time I have ever seen'

'it will be either all at once as a box set or individually in
chronological order' - news on the Led Zeppelin remastered box sets.

Jimmy Page's manager Peter Mensch instantly hit with a bunch of
questions about Jimmy's solo album and Led Zeppelin remaster box sets.

'page loves vinyl. always has. always will. collects it' says his
manager Peter Mensch on Reddit

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We really do not need more remasters of Led Zeppelin.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I agree with you Riff, but another batch of 180 gram vinyl albums would go over very well, as long as they don't mess about with the mastertapes there was nothing wrong with the original albums on wax.

I bought Mothership last year, and was very impressed with Page's quality work production wise, because finding good copies of the studio records is almost impossible at a reasonable price point.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Led Astray...

Yes, I would be down on 180 gram reissues of the catalog too. I would prefer for Page to release some or a compile of the concerts they have in the vaults. I think this would be the third time the albums are being re-mixed.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I'm not surprised you would want to collect the obscure stuff George, seeing you are the most massive Zeppelin fan I've run across in all my years of music forums.;)

Me...I am not a fan of outtakes generally speaking, most of the time they are filler because the CD has so much extra space. For those that want them sticking them on the album is fine, me when I do play a CD with demos/outtakes I eject the CD after the last studio track is finished.:D

Zeppelin is making a mistake here, there are countries out there pressing unlicensed crappy vinyl copies of their music, Russia and Mexico are 2 that I know of. They should offer the entire discography on vinyl like the Beatles did last year, it will make them money and if Page is a vinyl fanatic I'm sure he would go along with it.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Stereo Bonzo...

From Glyn Johns...

Glyn Johns, who engineered Led Zeppelin’s 1969 self-titled debut, basically stumbled upon a new way of recording drummer John Bonham — creating the dynamic stereo cadences that drive tracks like “Communication Breakdown.” Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page produced the album, but it was a microphone switch by Johns — famous for his work, too, with the Rolling Stones, the Beatles and the Who — that changed everything: In setting up multiple mics for Bonham, Johns accidentally had one of them directed to one side of the stereo mix. The rest of his performance was emanating from the middle. “Half of the drums were coming out of the left, by mistake,” Johns says in this Q&A. “And I thought: I wonder what it would sound like if I took the one in the middle, and put it on the other side. And there is was — the beginning of stereo drums.”

jjd1103

Reaction score
The album I personally enjoy the most is LZII. I love Page's tone! Not that his tone is ever bad. Also, I think that Houses of the Holy is underrated.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I would love a good live(or demo if they ever made one) for "Train Kept a Rollin'" get an official release somewhere. They seemed to open with it a bunch of times. (...actually another selfish reason for me wanting this is because I love collecting different versions of the song!)

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The album I personally enjoy the most is LZII. I love Page's tone! Not that his tone is ever bad. Also, I think that Houses of the Holy is underrated.

Houses is definitely underrated. I love the experimental tone they took with it. Not enough bands seem willing to take a bit of a risk with their sound. And that album and same with Physical to an extent was a risk that paid off nicely.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online