Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: The OFFICIAL Led Zeppelin Thread

Nice write up Soot! I didn't mind, and still don't mind the album cover. Alot of people don't like it so you're not alone...but I thought it to be eye catching...maybe it's the kid in me and I'm just getting old. :heheh:

Musically I like it....my favorites are Tangerine (so we're on the same page there...no pun)...Gallows Pole (epic) and Immigrant Song!! A metal masterpiece if there ever was one.

Remember that scene in School Of Rock??

Jack Black's campaign to get the song for the movie (sent to the band)...

...cause it's not EASY getting the rights to Zeppelin tunes for your movie

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Yes I do!!! :oyea: The only question I have, since I read their are a ton of version recorded of "Gallows Pole" and Pant and Page have a different version they did on "No Quarter' do you really like that studio one as well?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Studio one what....the original Zeppelin Studio or the Plant and Page?? If I'm getting your question right...I like the Zeppelin III version...always. Again it's a comfort zone thing. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Studio one what....the original Zeppelin Studio or the Plant and Page?? If I'm getting your question right...I like the Zeppelin III version...always. Again it's a comfort zone thing. :grinthumb

Yes, that's what I meant! I heard Page and Plant's "No Quarter" first and the studio one from this album sounds so flat in comparison! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

You think?? I'll have to relisten again...to be honest I don't own the Page/Plant....but all the Zeppelins.

Back to Immigrant Song a second...you know what I love? The melody of the Aaah-Aaah-Aaahhhhh AH!

Those three notes are sooo cool. If you whistle them smoothly, like say in an echoey hallway...it's very suspense, horror or sci fi movie sounding.

:grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

You think?? I'll have to relisten again...to be honest I don't own the Page/Plant....but all the Zeppelins.

Back to Immigrant Song a second...you know what I love? The melody of the Aaah-Aaah-Aaahhhhh AH!

Those three notes are sooo cool. If you whistle them smoothly, like say in an echoey hallway...it's very suspense, horror or sci fi movie sounding.

:grinthumb

That's what I liked about it as well! I thought it was like a Rock N' Roll War Cry! :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Great write up Soot :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Havent heard all the songs, but heard a few on this album, very solid Zeppelin album :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pirvu Alex

Staff online

Members online