Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: The OFFICIAL Led Zeppelin Thread

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Due, you should listen to these albums on Grooveshark and review then here as well! It'd be cool to hear someone else's first album impressions as well! I want to see how similar your experience is! :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

My first Zeppelin album I listened to was probably Led Zeppelin I.
Had the same feel to when I first heard Deep Purples Machine Head :)
Got so heavily drawn into it, no distractions I allowed.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Enjoyed the read again Soot and I think a fair assessment overall, I have to be realistic cos they can do no wrong in my eyes so I have to take off the rose tinted glasses when reading reviews on Zep. But yeah good points to ponder again, by the way I like the cover especially on the old album with the spinning wheel (volvelle) to change the pics in the cut outs.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Enjoyed the read again Soot and I think a fair assessment overall, I have to be realistic cos they can do no wrong in my eyes so I have to take off the rose tinted glasses when reading reviews on Zep. But yeah good points to ponder again, by the way I like the cover especially on the old album with the spinning wheel (volvelle) to change the pics in the cut outs.

Thanks Sox and I know what you mean! I'd have to take off the rose colored glasses if I was reading an objective Smashing Pumpkins review by someone else as well! The cool thing is looking at these in depth can only give me more chances of getting into a largerr number of Zepplin songs before. I actually posted the "Friends" song on my facebook last night because I thought it was a cool track! :cheers2

b.o.b.

Reaction score

Great review Soot ! :cheers2. I wish I could transpose my thoughts in words as fine as you do but unfortunately I don't have this talent. :D

By far my favorite song is Since I've Been Loving You. This was my second Zeppelin album I bought about 15 years ago. And I bought it mainly because I saw this song on the back cover. Some other great tracks are Immigrant Song, Out On The Tiles and Gallows Pole.

Right now I'm in a mellow new years day mood but I will surely give this album a spin this evening :grinthumb.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Thanks B.O.B.! I really feel like that's quite the compliment coming from you! I believe you could do a great review as I see how much music you delve into and how in depth you get into it. All I do is run my mouth :lmao: and say what I think as honestly as I can. I appreciate that people take something out of what I've got to say though! :cheers2

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Next album I think Ill work through is In Through the Outdoor :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I just makes me all fizzley inside to see you guys trying out music from the Mighty Zepp.

In Through the Out Door is a good album. The final album, Coda, is a stinker, IMHO.

Sooty, you have been doing an awesome job on your Zepp exploration. The next album on your list, Led Zeppelin IV aka Zoso, is one of their better albums IMO and I am curious to see your take on the album :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

In the Evening is a cracker of a song to start In Through the Outdoor :D
So far this is now my favourite Zeppelin album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pirvu Alex

Staff online

Members online