Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Good to see you bumping the thread again, gcc! I always enjoyed the "meeting Elvis" story and find it funny that the biggest rock band on the planet at the time seemed unrecognizable to The King. :heheh::grinthumb

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Good to see you bumping the thread again, gcc! I always enjoyed the "meeting Elvis" story and find it funny that the biggest rock band on the planet at the time seemed unrecognizable to The King. :heheh::grinthumb
They also left out the part about Plant crooning the next bars with Presley as they were walking out the hallway and Bonham falling asleep then snoring at the concert. I find the latter funny as hell.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Jimmy performing "The Same Old Rock" with Roy Harper last year for Roy's birthday. I'm not too familiar with Roy's work and the quality is a little grainy but his fans may enjoy this. :grinthumb

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I did enjoy it, thanks for a great 10 minutes there. I have several Roy Harper albums and saw him perform a number of times, him and Zep as you will know are great friends - "Hats off to Harper"!! - and he's an amazing guy, last time I saw him he was touring with his son, who plays mean guitar, he just does clubs nowadays, small theatres, festivals, but he was pretty big back in the early 70's - quintessential English singer-songwriter, writes songs about cricket and folklore and the environment!! 'Same Old Rock' is one of my favourite Roy Harper songs, a lot of his stuff has a Led Zep III feel to it, acoustic/folksy but with some nice twists and turns. 'HQ' was a great album, and one called 'Bullinamingvase' which I think had 'One of Those Days in England' on it, which is his most epic track, takes up the whole of one side of the album. His voice sounds great here.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
One of the best double albums of all time, a true testament to their creativity and artistry when they were at their peak. The Rover will always be my favorite from it. :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Without a doubt my favourite double album of all time. To me it seems they tossed everything into the couldren and created an epic sprawl of musical diversity. A real witches brew of rock 'n' roll.

MP edit:Removed dead videos

5/5 on the :bow:ometer.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Without a doubt my favourite double album of all time. To me it seems they tossed everything into the couldren and created an epic sprawl of musical diversity. A real witches brew of rock 'n' roll.

That's a different way of putting it, Mr. Sox. Nice. :grinthumb:heheh:

At first listen I wasn't thrilled with PG but it eventually grew on me as I grew to appreciate the experience of the entire listening experience as opposed to individual songs, the culmination of years of work and building creativity showcased finally at the band's peak. After the polarizing effect its predecessor Houses of the Holy had with fans this was a nice follow up with a little something for any ear and taste for fans who may enjoy one of their preceding albums over another.

For example you had songs that were on the acoustic end of the spectrum like Bron-Yr-Aur and Black Country Woman that were reminiscent of the style for LZ III and hard-rockin' tunes like The Rover and In My Time Of Dying that seemed straight out of II or IV. Then there were those complete out of left field masterpieces like Kashmir and In the Light that were an out of body experience to hear for the first time and nothing like they had done before that would become signature pieces for the album in my opinion. I mean how could anyone say that Kashmir was NOT the definitive moment of Physical Graffiti?

A real testament to the band's growth and their synergy from their humble beginnings as the New Yardbirds to one of the, if not THE best rock band in history aside from the Beatles.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I posted this before in the Covers thread but thought I'd put it in here for the Zep fans who may appreciate it. A nice little tranquil cover of "Bron-Yr-Aur" that is just as delightful as the original. I have been unable to find any other covers from this album on YouTube but if they are anything like this one whatsoever you better believe I'll be buying this album. I like this just as much as the covers Magic posted in her journal thread awhile back that had a country/bluegrass thing going on. Anything new and creative and most importantly different that can bring a fun spin to my favorite band's music is good with me.

M. Ward ~ Bron-Yr-Aur

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online