Led Zeppelin - III (1970)

Fabio

Reaction score
I am probably alone in this but, ... yes my fav LZ album. The acoustical songs filled my soul and my spirit. Tangerine is my fav LZ ballad.

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
I really like this album - it's certainly different from I and II but I enjoy the acoustic sounds on this álbum and the elements of folk music they explored here. I love the massive sounding hard rock Zeppelin as much as anyone else here, but they'd already done that (Whole Lotta Love, Heartbreaker etc.) and would go on to cover that kind of territory again (Black Dog, The Ocean and so on) and it was interesting to see them try something different.

I am especially fond of the beautiful Tangerine, although conversely I also really like Immigrant Song (is it just me or does anyone else love it when Plant goes 'aaaaaahhhh' during the song? Not sure why I do, i just think it sounds great).

Khor1255

Reaction score
I really like this album - it's certainly different from I and II but I enjoy the acoustic sounds on this álbum and the elements of folk music they explored here. I love the massive sounding hard rock Zeppelin as much as anyone else here, but they'd already done that (Whole Lotta Love, Heartbreaker etc.) and would go on to cover that kind of territory again (Black Dog, The Ocean and so on) and it was interesting to see them try something different.

I am especially fond of the beautiful Tangerine, although conversely I also really like Immigrant Song (is it just me or does anyone else love it when Plant goes 'aaaaaahhhh' during the song? Not sure why I do, i just think it sounds great).
Out on the Tiles is another hard rocker from the album and I've always liked the flow of the songs.

The wailing in The Immigrant Song is near impossible to do without sounding ridiculous. Trust me, I've tried.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dunno what's to dislike about III, I enjoyed this one way more than IV.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Great review G.

Like Lynch don't like Zep's acoustic songs much but side one is very good. Out on the Tiles is one of my fav Led Zep songs.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Great review gcczep. :grinthumb
An essential Zep album because of the brilliant Immigrant Song and Gallows Pole. Not a dud track on the whole album IMO. Brilliant :bow:

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Love the album. I also love the fact that other than Immigrant Song you never hear any of these on the radio or anywhere else. Makes me enjoy it all the more.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I once heard either Page or Plant remark that Zeppelin never considered themselves to belong to any particular genre or pigeon hole.They always displayed interest in trying varying textures and soundscapes like they did with the Moroccan music inspired "Kashmir" as well as the Crosby Stills and Nash folk evident on "Zep III".I've always adored "Gallows Pole" and "Tangerine" here.I'd love to name others,but there are tunes I like from the disc that I'm not familiar with their titles,but I have this one on cassette and just as with any Zep release,it's one of those recordings that you can just let play from start to finish and be greatly entertained throughout,much like the Beatle catalog.The only exception I can think of is the rather off-handed novelty,"Hot Dog" from "In Through The Out Door",a tune obviously added to the record purely as filler so I won't count it as a strike against them.I love the original "Zep III" cover with the spinning wheel pictures,a concept similar to the picture windows of "Physical Graffiti"..............

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online