Led Zeppelin "Five"

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
This is really exciting. Not too often Zeppelin fans get something to look forward to or news in general. I've been waiting a long time for this and wonder what took them so long. I had heard that Robert and Jimmy weren't happy with the sound and his vocals and were reluctant about releasing it.
Page is a perfectionist so it is not surprising but the hold up is more likely due to Plant's reticence. Even Jones was keen on the release. I don't think the sound quality would be a problem since the recording is multi tracked. Plant's vocals obviously isn't what it used to be but it can be "sweetened" so to speak. He sang at a lower octave and there are parts where he strained.

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
395367_10151081602206298_55941485_n.jpg

303630_10151082973476298_1796381187_n.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Page is a perfectionist so it is not surprising but the hold up is more likely due to Plant's reticence. Even Jones was keen on the release. I don't think the sound quality would be a problem since the recording is multi tracked. Plant's vocals obviously isn't what it used to be but it can be "sweetened" so to speak. He sang at a lower octave and there are parts where he strained.

I think that's it in a nutshell, Plant cannot carry the old songs at the high standards he expects of himself, and because none of them need the money there will never be a proper reunion full fledged tour.

I'm not sure I will buy the Blu-Ray or not when it comes out, depends on how you lot rate it. Ask yourselves this question, would you rather listen to the band when they were in their prime or the 2007 special event? In the two hours or so that the concert runs I could listen to 3 of their studio albums.

Just sayin'....:think:

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
I think that's it in a nutshell, Plant cannot carry the old songs at the high standards he expects of himself, and because none of them need the money there will never be a proper reunion full fledged tour.

I'm not sure I will buy the Blu-Ray or not when it comes out, depends on how you lot rate it. Ask yourselves this question, would you rather listen to the band when they were in their prime or the 2007 special event? In the two hours or so that the concert runs I could listen to 3 of their studio albums.

Just sayin'....:think:
I think given the significance of the release, fans both hard core and casual alike will still give it a spin. I have my thoughts on it from my initial viewing of the show but I'll save it for a comparative review when the real thing arrives.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Other Movie Details - Led Zeppelin: Celebration Day

Year Released: 2012
Release Date: October 17, 2012
Running Time: 2h04m
Genre: Music
Cast: Jimmy Page, John Bonham, John Paul Jones, Robert Plant
Synopsis: "On December 10, 2007, Led Zeppelin took the stage at London’s O2 Arena to headline a tribute concert for dear friend and Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun. What followed was a two--- hour---plus tour de force of the band’s signature blues---infused rock ’n’ roll that instantly became part of the legend of Led Zeppelin. Founding members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were joined by Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham, to perform 16 songs from their celebrated catalogue including landmark tracks “Whole Lotta Love,” “Rock And Roll,” “Kashmir,” and “Stairway To Heaven.” Although 20 million people applied for tickets, the band’s first headline show in 27 years was seen only by the 18,000 ticket holders who were fortunate enough to have secured seats through the worldwide lottery. Now, for the first time, fans in over 40 territories worldwide will be able to get a front row seat to experience this historic event in glorious high definition and incredible surround sound. Experience it on the big screen for a strictly limited period only."

I remember the band doing the same promo events for the DVD release. Fortunate enough to score tickets to see a showing out here in Cali. Local DJ Jim Ladd was emcee...

Bruce, there are some confirmed Canadian theatre showings in October so you might want to check it out.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online