Le Roux

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
Le Roux was a band from my family's home state of Lousiana that eventually got signed to Capitol Records the year my folks got married, 1977. They apparently were a southern rock like Lynyrd Skynyrd or .38 Special. Their final record "So Fired Up" was released on RCA and produced this amazing track "Lifeline."

SoFiredUpfront.jpg

Lifeline ended up borrowed by Bob Weir for his weird, unsuccessful and heavily criticized "Bobby and the Midnites" solo project a year later. Uriah Heep did a horrific cover of it but dominates most Google searches on the song.

I was 4 years old when my mom heard this song on the radio and she cranked the stereo because she absolutely loved it. I've spent years looking for it ever since my dad sadly lost his tape of the broadcasted version. And here it is, "Lifeline."

Apparently these guys are still a big deal in Louisiana despite fading from the national scene in the early-mid 1980s, having been inducted into their state's music hall of fame, and actively performing through this decade.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Magic's a big fan of theirs, she loves their debut album if memory serves.

I am surprised they are still active, I don't know if they ever toured this far north...:think:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I love Le Roux.....actually when they were known as Louisana Le Roux. I have seen them perform back in the early 80's in a huge nightclub in NC. My favorite album is their debut, but I also have a Live CD "Le Roux AOR Live" which is pretty good.

the debut
LaLeRoux_front.jpg

Check out the into here, the vocal harmonies are excellent:

and of course the top pop hit off the album, which was voted in 2010 as New Orleans favorite song ever:

taha

Reaction score
So Fired Up was a great LP, but again, another group that turned out like Contraband and Whitford/St.Holmes...

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's a couple songs off the album that Dairenn posted:

So Fired Up

Turning Point

I still like the debut the best, when the band had a more southern rock influence :bow:

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
Le Roux...yeah!! I remember these guys...cool band! Cool thread!! :cheers2

Hey thanks! Yeah, I've spent like eight years searching for this song and when I finally found the RIGHT recording, I had to share it with everyone here where it would be appreciated.

taha

Reaction score
The side of the LP that had So Fired Up and that badass helicopter intro was worn out !!

Rockperson

Reaction score
Another of the great older bands, I`ve been listening to Le Roux since 1985, my dad used to have their albums.

I have all the relevant albums on cd, UP is easily my favourite album of theirs, classic stuff, So Fired Up was really good too.

Jeff Pollards voice was excellent, shame he moved on to being a preacher and regretting his time spent in Le Roux.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online