Lady Gaga (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Lady Gaga

Here's an early version of "Poker Face" from Gaga's debut EP "The Cherrytree Sessions". I think it's about...1000% better than the later version. It has better musicality and her voice shines a whole lot more when it's not being autotuned and watered down.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

^I love it! Her voice is perfect in it.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I wouldn't use the word "perfect" but I do highly praise her vocals in it. :grinthumb

Here's a stripped down live version of "Just Dance" from the same EP and like the above version of "Poker Face" I much prefer it to the finalized version that was released on "The Fame":

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I wouldn't use the word "perfect" but I do highly praise her vocals in it. :grinthumb

I was just using 'perfect' for emphasis. I wouldn't say it to her face that her voice is perfect. Mainly because i've heard a lot better from a variety of different vocalist. But she does have a talent, for sure.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Well as far as modern pop artists go Lady Gaga is definitely at the head of the pack. At least she has talent unlike people like Kesha who can't sing at all.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Oh I agree, she's definitely deserved to be on such a high stand when it comes to pop music, but i'm with you on the fact that I wish she wasn't so overexposed.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Yes I agree to. I think it'd be cool if she went into seclusion or something for a little bit just to give people a chance to miss her and then when she comes back she'll be even bigger.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Oh that'd be pretty cool. I will admit though, regardless of how much exposure she's getting, her music is so damn catchy. Almost every song she makes causes me to get up and dance.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I've heard a good portion of the "Born This Way" album since Lady Gaga released it and I'm not really very impressed with it but I do quite like "You and I", and it's not just because Brian May plays on it and it samples "We Will Rock You". It has a cool "Bennie and the Jets" kind of groove to it.

I would love for Gaga to sort of go more in this direction. To focus more on piano and much less on thumping dance pop.

Last edited by a moderator:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

I can see why you'd like that song CH. Definitely has a lot more soul than some of her other stuff. I'm not too sure if I'm fond of that tune. I don't know why, but it reminds me of some 90's Shania Twain country song or something along those lines. Don't ask me where I got that from. I can't really put my finger on it. Very cool that May plays on it though. I didn't know that.

Have you purchased the album? I think I have the deluxe version so I don't know how different they are. Anyway, these are my favorites from Born this Way:

I honestly didn't even know there was a video for this one until I looked just now, but this one immediately caught my attention upon first hearing the album. I honestly don't listen to the radio much anymore so I don't even know which songs have been released as singles yet:

This has a cool rock vibe to it accompanied by the dance elements typical of her music:

Adding this one in. Can't believe I forgot it:

Overall, I'm sort of disappointed with this album. Compared to The Fame, it's a complete dud in my book with little variation. I agree with you Harmony that she needs to add a little more of her talents into her music vs. the techno/club mix she seems to be wanting to create. This album lacks a lot of the creativity that her first album had that made her famous. Hopefully all of these comparisons to Madonna will encourage her to be more like Madge and recreate herself with each of her albums and go in a completely different direction the next time around.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

Members online