Lady Gaga (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Is this a new single for her? Because I don't see it having potential as one. It has this really rocky, rough sound to it that makes it sound like it was kind of recorded live in studio or released as a demo or something, which I kind of like and prefer to pop drivel like "Telephone" but I'm still not wild about it. It goes a bit too far with it's raw sound and just sounds kind of dry.

And initially I thought the **** wasn't really necessary either but I'm pretty sure she was shooting for the double entendre in it.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Not sure if it's a single or not Harmony. My friend recommended I listen to it. Maybe she'll spruce it up a bit if she ever plans to make it an official single. I don't like this side of her though.

E-Z

Reaction score
First hi to all my ROCK cousin's in the USA :)

I read a quote from a MAJOR international female artist within the last year asking the question-

"I don't know what it (it being Lady Gaga) is is it a man or woman?" :omg:

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Hmm... not really sure what to think of this honestly. Gaga's new song and she's getting a little nastay...

Stuck on ****in' You

I honestly miss her more "dancy" stuff myself. :(

She is not doing herself any favors by being uncouth. She doesn't need it at this stage in her career. Shame on you Lady GaGa :yuk:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I read a quote from a MAJOR international female artist within the last year asking the question-

"I don't know what it (it being Lady Gaga) is is it a man or woman?" :omg:

Yeah yeah yeah. Been there, heard that a million times before. While we're on a roll dumb, played out comments and jokes why don't we bust out the "Justin Bieber looks like a *******" ones. :rolleyes:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I haven't even listened to the new song based on the name.... I just think Gaga likes sexifying Christmas, is all. Have you heard her Christmas song? Bahaha. UNDER THE MISTLETOE WE WILL TAKE OFF OUR CLOTHES. It's exactly like the Ke$ha christmas parody only it's serious and the real Lady Gaga is singing it. It has a fantastic beat, though!

Anyway as far as Gaga in general goes, I agree that The Fame is probably her best album but I'm also glad she hasn't just stuck with that same style. It would sound so dated and tired now. If you want more The Fame there are plenty of imitators out there.

Not that they can do it as well as Gaga, of course...

Last edited:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I disagree AAG. I think LG is losing her touch really and Born This Way was a huge disappointment IMO. I think she can still incorporate that formula and add a little something new to the mix and establish herself as a great artist again before she fades completely. Sometimes I wonder if she weren't so interesting as a person if she'd still be as prominent after her last album. Seriously there are only about 3 songs on that album I find enjoyable and the rest are rubbish but perhaps I am being a hardass. :tongue:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I'm not a huge Gaga fan to begin with, so I can't really rank her, not like a fan could. I don't have that intimate connection with the music, which would inform my ability to appraise. The songwriting on The Fame is a lot better but I enjoy the style on Born This Way more. I'm starting to think The Fame Monster may be her peak. It seems to marriage the fun loving and hooky qualities of The Fame with the more mature content of Born This Way. Excluding dance remixes (which would probably account for all my top 10 Gaga tracks), So Happy I Could Die is my favorite.

I don't think Gaga is really in danger of fading. Her resume already seems to place her in a sort of Guns N Roses territory with a classic album and a few important tracks after that. It'll definitely be interesting to see where she goes from here though. I wouldn't be surprised if she pulled an Ice Cube and ended up focusing more on acting than music.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online