Lady Gaga (Official Thread)

F

FoxyPage

Haters gonna hate but Lady G is awesome.

Lady-GaGa451.jpg

hs-lady-gaga.jpg

Lady GaGa Official Website
Lady GaGa Youtube Channel

Years active
2006–present

Albums
The Fame (2008)
The Fame Monster (2009)
Born This Way (2011)​

Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, a pop/electronic/dance artist, was born on March 28, 1986 in New York City to Italian parents. She began playing piano at the tender age of 4 and at 13, she had writtern her first ballad.

At the age of 19, she was signed, but quickly dropped from, Def Jam. Songwriter/producer, RedOne, picked her up and they put together 'Boys, Boys, Boys', which was inspired by Motley Crue's song, 'Girls, Girls, Girls'. Stefani then needed a name. Rob Fusari, a producer who had helped her with some songs, sent her a text message that had read 'Lady Gaga'. In his words:

Every day, when Stef came to the studio, instead of saying hello, I would start singing "Radio Ga Ga". That was her entrance song. Lady Gaga was actually a glitch; I typed 'Radio Ga Ga' in a text and it did an autocorrect so somehow 'Radio' got changed to 'Lady'. She texted me back, "That's it." After that day, she was Lady Gaga. She’s like, "Don’t ever call me Stefani again.

Thus, Lady Gaga was born.

Lady Gaga released her debut album, The Fame, in 2008 to mostly positive reviews. It has been described as a mix of 'Bowie and Queen'. The album hit number one in a number of countries, as well her singles, Just Dance and Poker Face, and remained on top for several weeks.

Her follow up, The Fame Monster, was released in November of 2009 and has the same success as her debut, with Bad Romance, her first single off the album, hitting number one on the charts.

She has had tons of awards nominations and wins and her first tour, The Fame Ball tour, was critically acclaimed.

Her biggest musical influences lie in that of glam rock and pop, drawing from David Bowie, Freddie Mercury, Micheal Jackson and Madonna.

I actually just watched her new video for 'Telephone', which features Beyonce, and I have no idea what to say afterwards. That video was crazy and funny, with a great swipe at the rumours about her possessing male genitals in which she jumps on her cell bars in jail, sans pants (but her bits blurred out, of course) with the comment 'told you she didn't have a dick'. LMAO. Best part of that video is easily PussyWagon and she reminded me of Madonna back in Madonnas short haired, bleached blond days. It's a long video and it kinda leaves you scratching your head a little but I liked it. THE BOYS WILL LOVE IT. Chicks in jail dressed in skimpy clothes.

Her songs are catchy and I like her individuallity. She's what most people would consider weird but I see it as artistic.

She was also featured on Wale's song, Chillin'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Lady Gaga

I like everything about Lady Gaga except her albums. In the beginning I had heard her name many times before but I'd never really cared enough to investigate her or her music. Then while watching the MTV Music Video awards (which totally sucked but what can I say, I'm a sucker for Russell Brand) I saw her perform "Paparazzi" and I must say that it was by far the best performance of the night. There was showmanship in her performance that I had not seen in a pop performance in a very long time with a huge set, theatrics, and a stage presence from Gaga herself that caught my attention. Musically I loved what I had heard as there were full string sections and piano which gave the music a strong classical crossover sound, there was a piano solo, and Gaga singing harmonies with her own prerecorded vocals serving as backing vocals. I enjoyed the performance very much so I proceeded to Limewire to download and listen to her other songs. However, what I heard was not what I had just seen in that performance. The songs I listened to where dance club bullshit that in no way resembled the classically inspired mainstream crossover that brought Lady Gaga to my attention. Even "Paparazzi", the song that I had enjoyed, sounded artificial and bland in it's studio incarnation. I was very disappointed and still am. Perhaps I would go see Lady Gaga live since from what I've seen her live performances put her studio albums to shame in every way conceivable, but unless she does an overhaul on her studio work I'll never pick up one of her albums.

And those are my thoughts on Lady Gaga.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I'm definitely not drinking haterade on this one! :heheh: I think an artist like her should be posted on any music forum just to discuss civilly about an artist who's making such an impact today. She honestly does remind me of a modern Madonna mixing pop, dance, style and art all into one big mix. I can't say though that I've ever had as much fun dancing to Madonna as I have with Poker Face or ever had a song stuck in my head as much as Bad Romance! Lady Gaga is a pop artist that I have no shame in liking. In fact, I really don't think her detractors can have anything constructive to say about her rather than they hate pop and she just happens to represent it at the time. :grinthumb

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

I agree, Lady GaGa is awesome and so is Foxy. Thank you for posting this thread. I first heard Lady GaGa in "Beautiful Dirty Rich" and was hooked. "Poker Face" is fabulous. Love her.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I love that Telephone video in the OP! Been catching up on vids and whoever says Lady Gaga isn't creative would be on crack. :heheh:

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

I went to the Lady Gaga concert last week and it was just as good as I hoped it would be. However in the weekend newspapers there were letters from irate parents who took their little 9 and 10 year olds and were disgusted by the concert. They should have known it wasn't for their innocent little darlings in the first place. Idiots!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I went to the Lady Gaga concert last week and it was just as good as I hoped it would be. However in the weekend newspapers there were letters from irate parents who took their little 9 and 10 year olds and were disgusted by the concert. They should have known it wasn't for their innocent little darlings in the first place. Idiots!

:lmao: I agree so much! Like I stated in another thread when parents step up and stop ruining things for everyone else out of lack of common sense then censorship won't be necessary. I heard today from a friend they are considering doing concert ratings like they do with movies! Jeeeeeesssssuuuss! :bonk:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

FoxyPage:

1. Lady Gaga is hot, I'll grant you that. Her videos offer great visuals (other than the appearance of that heifer Beyonce of course).

2. When I listen to her music, however, it sounds to me like the standard light hiphop/dance pop a la Britney Spears and Beyonce that dominates the pop charts these days. It has nothing in common with black metal and there's nothing edgy about it at all. She's just another pop diva. Chrissie Hynde, Joan Jett, Deborah Harry or Siouxsie she's not. As a result, I don't understand why you like her.

3. Is Lady Gaga very much like Pink, the other new name I hear mentioned a lot these days?

:huh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online