Lady Gaga (Official Thread)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Re: Lady Gaga

I didn't really dig Gaga until I heard Born This Way. The club elements are what I'm all about right now because frankly I've had enough pop-rock already. It was good but I've been there, done that, the more club-based pop is now the more interested I am. And Gaga definitely has earlier tracks that I dig on, pretty much everything on her first album is good. But tracks like Born This Way and Edge of Glory have the most balls to the wall modern club beats and that's what made me take a look at her. Overall the album lacks the hooks that her first album has but I definitely approve of her going in a harder club direction.

The titletrack has got to be my favorite of hers. Such a killer song, my only problem with it is the outro goes on forever and a day... Also I heard this INCREDIBLE freaking club remix of it.... that just drops my jaw. I've heard it *twice* on the flipping radio on Saturday night when they broadcast from a local club. But I've had no luck finding it online, considering I have no idea what it's called. :(

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Have you purchased the album? I think I have the deluxe version so I don't know how different they are.

Overall, I'm sort of disappointed with this album. Compared to The Fame, it's a complete dud in my book with little variation. I agree with you Harmony that she needs to add a little more of her talents into her music vs. the techno/club mix she seems to be wanting to create. This album lacks a lot of the creativity that her first album had that made her famous. Hopefully all of these comparisons to Madonna will encourage her to be more like Madge and recreate herself with each of her albums and go in a completely different direction the next time around.

No, I haven't bought it and I don't really plan to. I've heard over half of the album and not been all that impressed with too much to even consider buying it. Besides, with how insane her Little Monsters are for her I don't think she needs my money. ;)

Gaga could probably do anything at this point and people would still buy it so if she's ever had the freedom to actually do something different it would be now. If you ask me Jen, I think since Gaga is probably best known for being SHOCKING she was trying to do that with this album but it didn't really work. "Oh my god, she's singing about Jesus a lot and supporting the gays? This girl is positively mad!!" Yeah....I don't think so. You can only tell a joke to people so many times before the punchline gets dull, ya know? She's not "shocking" or "the newest big thing" anymore so I agree completely with you that she's going to need to go in a different direction and focus more on the creative juices the next time around or she'll easily get kicked off her thrown atop the pop world.

I think it was Paul Stanley who said something like "The music comes first. You can't put make up and fireworks on an album."

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Yeah, her new album isn't as good as I was hoping it would be. I just don't feel like it has the Gaga feel that The Fame and The Fame Monster have.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Gaga guested on the opening track of Tony Bennett's new "Duets II" album.

I actually really like this version of "The Lady Is a Tramp". It's one of my favorite songs from the album and I will take this fun, cutesy Gaga over the dance pop one any day.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

^^^
I agree. GaGa is just perfect for this song. And Tony Bennett was groovy. Love her and love the duo.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Poker Face Chipmunk Style

Just Dance Chipmunk Style

I watched a 2 hour concert of hers on Palladia the other night where she was performing in New York. I have to say I rather enjoyed the concert. She uses some elaborate stage props and instruments.

I have to give GaGa the :tup: for eccentricity!!!

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I saw the "Bad Romance" version the other day. Too adorable. You know you've made it if the Chipmunks cover your stuff. :heheh:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Hmm... not really sure what to think of this honestly. Gaga's new song and she's getting a little nastay...

Stuck on ****in' You

I honestly miss her more "dancy" stuff myself. :(

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I quite like that song but she didn't really need to say the F word. It just wasn't necessary. Like you say, she's trying too hard to be nastay :rolleyes:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I think she tried a little too hard with Born This Way to be a badass but I think if she went back to the same formula she had with The Fame she'd be back on top musically again! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online