KISS (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Just for a laugh search on YouTube for any review for KISS's ill-fated and poorly conceived "Meets the Phantom of the Park" as each critic picks the film apart with hilarious sarcasm.Also check out Sgt Pepper movie review by someone called Cinema Snob.Two major black stains in popular music film history.................

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Just for a laugh search on YouTube for any review for KISS's ill-fated and poorly conceived "Meets the Phantom of the Park" as each critic picks the film apart with hilarious sarcasm.Also check out Sgt Pepper movie review by someone called Cinema Snob.Two major black stains in popular music film history.................

Both films are truly awful, however, there is something about both that is still "fun" and I will watch either one from time to time for the nostalgia factor more than anything.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
When KISS put out "I Was Made For Lovin' You back in '79,the band was mercilessly slammed by fans who conceived of this as blatant shameful sellout in favor of the then quite booming disco industry.As much as I thought it strange at the time that the native New Yorkers should translate their hard rock platform into a bit of something for the Studio 54 crowd,KISS somehow found some sort of practical middle ground here.I don't think they truly sold out to disco anymore than Paul McCartney did with "Goodnight Tonight".These artists were merely expressing interest in alternate musical form,which all artists should at least be WILLING to do.After all,it's not like KISS did "YMCA" or "In the Navy" or any crap like that.THAT would have been selling out...................

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I wouldn't call anything from Dynasty as sell-out, but I do understand how it could have turned off some fans. It wasn't a great album, but it's not bad at all. The big hit, I Was Made For Loving You is by no means a sellout, but as you pointed out, the band found a pretty interesting middle ground between their normal formula and what was still quite popular at the time.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I wouldn't call anything from Dynasty as sell-out, but I do understand how it could have turned off some fans. It wasn't a great album, but it's not bad at all. The big hit, I Was Made For Loving You is by no means a sellout, but as you pointed out, the band found a pretty interesting middle ground between their normal formula and what was still quite popular at the time.

I`ve never understood the sell out crew as you said @Lynch some people don't like change just think about QUEEN "HOT SPACE" album loads of Queen fans hated it with a passion personnel I love BOTH album

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
Hear Ace Frehley's Gritty, Guitar-Driven New Song, 'Bronx Boy'

Ace Frehley proclaims himself a "street kid" on "Bronx Boy," the gritty first single from his upcoming eighth studio album, due out this summer. "Bronx boy, just trying to exist/ I never played with toys, don't give me bullshit," he snarls over a raw hard rock riff and squealing guitar solos.

Ace Frehley: Five Songs I Wish I Wrote

Kiss guitarist is releasing his new covers collection, 'Origins, Volume 1', which features a guest appearance by Paul Stanley

The former Kiss guitarist has yet to detail the release date or title of his next LP, which follows 2014's Space Invader and the 2016 covers record Origins, Vol. 1. Frehley revealed one tantalizing detail about the album last year: he co-wrote two new tracks with ex-bandmate Gene Simmons. The collaboration originated after Frehley reached out to the bassist through e-mail, and they wound up with the songs within three hours of jamming at the guitarist's house in Ranco Santa Fe, California.

"We initially each picked up an acoustic guitar," Frehley told DJ Eddie Trunk, according to Blabbermouth. "I don't remember who came up with the beginning of the song. One guy plays one thing and then I play another thing. I think Gene actually came up with more ideas than I did and I just kind of complemented them. And then I started writing lyrics for a song title, which I don't wanna give away yet. And then we kind of took a break and then he started playing this bassline and he said, 'Ace, play these thee chords against it,' and within thirty minutes we had a second song. I was really pleased, and so was he."

The duo have performed together several times in recent months – including Simmons' acoustic performances during meet-and-greet events and their first mutual stage appearance in over 16 years during a Hurricane Harvey benefit.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online