KISS (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
And a big happy birthday to everyone's favorite and lovable fire-breathing demon who turned 65 yrs old yesterday.

ampqna.jpg

There's also a video of him blowing out the candles on his FB page.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Scored "Destroyer" a few months back on cassette at a thrift shop for a mere 75 cents,but I have yet to listen in its entirety because I can't keep my ears away from the side two,one-two punch of "Shout It Out Loud" and "Beth".Is this anyone's favorite KISS album or top two or three?Also,did any of you belong to that "KISS Army" thing back in the '70's?

rtbuck

Reaction score
Scored "Destroyer" a few months back on cassette at a thrift shop for a mere 75 cents,but I have yet to listen in its entirety because I can't keep my ears away from the side two,one-two punch of "Shout It Out Loud" and "Beth".Is this anyone's favorite KISS album or top two or three?Also,did any of you belong to that "KISS Army" thing back in the '70's?

I joined the Kiss Army in 1978. It was really cool because I was 16 at the time and when I got that Kiss Army kit in the mail I was so fired up that nothing else in the world mattered. It was a black folder with the Kiss Army logo on it and inside was a discography paper, a membership card, a newsletter, biography on each member, iron on transfer, a membership certificate, and 5 8x10 photos. All of that for $5.00! I do love Destroyer and it is in my top 10 Kiss albums but not in my Top 3. My favorite track off of Destroyer is King of the Nighttime World.

By the way I did pick up the new Ace Frehley album Space Invader and I really love it. I read a lot of mixed reviews but I think it's great. I can't say that the songs take you back to 1978 but I will say that a lot of the solos have the rock & roll feel of Kiss' 70's (a bit reminiscent of the Let Me Go R & R from Alive feel and sound)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
You must have been among the number that was wondering what the hell took so long for their well deserved Hall Of Fame induction.............

Lynch

Reaction score
from 2002: KISS + That 70's Show

10312362_783185635075981_8916729166880443945_n.jpg

mrJim

Reaction score
I joined the Kiss Army in 1978. It was really cool because I was 16 at the time and when I got that Kiss Army kit in the mail I was so fired up that nothing else in the world mattered. It was a black folder with the Kiss Army logo on it and inside was a discography paper, a membership card, a newsletter, biography on each member, iron on transfer, a membership certificate, and 5 8x10 photos. All of that for $5.00! I do love Destroyer and it is in my top 10 Kiss albums but not in my Top 3. My favorite track off of Destroyer is King of the Nighttime World.

By the way I did pick up the new Ace Frehley album Space Invader and I really love it. I read a lot of mixed reviews but I think it's great. I can't say that the songs take you back to 1978 but I will say that a lot of the solos have the rock & roll feel of Kiss' 70's (a bit reminiscent of the Let Me Go R & R from Alive feel and sound)
And I too was in the Army. First Kiss Album Alive II baby!

Jim

Lynch

Reaction score
I've listened to it twice. I REALLY like the first half of the album. The second half hasn't thrilled me too much (yet). Those first 5 or 6 songs though... CLASSIC Ace! :bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online