KISS (Official Thread)

Khor1255

Reaction score
It actually doesn't make him look 'stupider than ever' that ship sailed a long time ago. What he's mainly complaining about is a private conversation made public and costing someone dearly for it.

If you are ok with the implications of that than I truly don't know what to say to you.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
In this day & age of recording on cell phones, anything can get out. Stirling was a known racist before the recording, this just made things crystal clear. It doesn't matter how I feel about it, it's gonna happen more and more.

Gene, like Ted Nugent, should just stick to their music and stop yapping about everything else under the sun.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Why? I mean has the groupthink gone so far that people aren't allowed to say anything outside accepted patterns?

In this case he's right though (and that's far from the norm with him). The minute we accept intrusion on our private conversations as a given we become a little closer to an Orwellian nightmare.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
10348280_667024756708779_5043459278915003573_n.jpg

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I think the problem isn't that Sterling said some racist things in private and they were made public. It's the fact that he has a history of racial discrimination. His "private" comments just added fuel to the fire.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Nope. His professional life was severely impacted by something he said in private. But that's all I'm going to say about that here.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
A similar situation occurred here in the UK 10 years ago. Ron Atkinson, who had managed a number of football clubs including Manchester United in the '80s, had carved out a career for himself as a 'Summariser' for top televised games with the ITV station. While summarising for a Chelsea game he made the following comment about Marcel Desailly of Chelsea (who is black), believing the microphone to be switched off: "He is what is referred to in some schools as a f*cking lazy thick n****r". The comment wasn't heard in the UK, but was broadcast in several countries in The Middle East. He was forced to resign and has struggled to have any kind of career in the media ever since. Seems like Ron was the 'thick' one, as per the other guy.

Last edited:

rtbuck

Reaction score
Last Wednesday I was scheduled for knee surgery but unfortunately my ekg came back not so good so I had to see a cardiologist who didn't clear me for the surgery instead I was put on betablockers and have to get a heart monitor implanted under the skin next Monday but also this past Wednesday Kiss was playing at Darien Lake Park. I didn't get tickets because of the surgery that was scheduled but the day before the show a friend gave me & my wife free VIP tickets from his work so I got to see Kiss, Def Leppard, and the Dead Daisies. The Dead Daisies were pretty boring except for guitarist Richie Fortus (recently w/ Guns & Roses) and drummer Brian Tichy who both played & looked like Rock Stars. I didn't really have too much desire to see Def Leppard as I was not a fan of their 80's post Pyromania stuff but they were okay. It was pretty cool as the PA was blasting Won't get Fooled Again just before the curtain dropped and once the curtain dropped Def Leppard finished out the Who classic and went right into Let it Go from High & Dry. As I said they were okay but the crowd was really into them.

Kiss was amazing as always opening with Psycho Circus and then went straight into their classic Deuce from their 1974 debut album. The crowd was on their feet as they continued with one of the crowd's favorites Shout it Out Loud. Their sound was clear & loud throughout their 14 song set and Paul Stanley's voice sounded better than it has the last few years. At one point Paul made a comment of it being August 31st and then joked that he was dyslexic because he was reminded it was the 13th. Gene breathed fire during Hotter than Hell and spit blood during God of Thunder which really sounded phenomenal including Tommy's ending solo. They played Hide your Heart from their 1989 Hot in the Shade album and Paul had the entire audience singing along with the chorus. Paul flew through the crowd and sang Love Gun as well as the intro to Black Diamond from a mini revolving stage in the center of the audience. After Black Diamond instead of leaving the stage before the encores Paul announced there was a curfew so they stayed on the stage for their 2 encores which were Detroit Rock City and Rock & Roll All Nite. I've been seeing Kiss since 1978 and have never been disappointed!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indomoraltales123

Members online