That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
10565241_10152567706100979_6656179003247894623_n.jpg

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
I just never got Kiss. In the last year or so I have re-visited the band, watching footage, listening to tracks and reading interviews. Guess what.....I still don't get it :omg: Also am I the only person in the world who thinks that Gene Simmons is a complete dickhead? (a rich dickhead I know). I somehow doubt that.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
No, you aren't the only person that sees him as a dick. He is. Hell, he's a self proclaimed asshole, even has a solo album named Asshole.

Asshole_album_cover_2004.jpg

However, he's FAR from a slobbering, ignorant rockstar as so many of them are and have been over the years. He's very intelligent, a smart businessman and a marketing genius... KISS isn't just a band, but hey are a BRAND.

In my opinion, the guy's biggest flaw is that he's extremely outspoken, but at the same time, I admire him for that. He doesn't kiss anyone's ass other than his family member's butts, who you can see that he totally dotes on his family. Anyway, as far as being outspoken on any number of subject from music to sex to politics and just about anything in between, he says it like he sees it and doesn't care if you or anyone else agrees with him.

I'm a HUGE fan of the band and I'll be the first to say that he comes off as an arrogant dink, but I appreciate his honesty in front of the media. I'd rather have a guy say that he saw shit and it stunk than to have some dingbat Hollywood weasel jump on up their soapbox and try and perfume the hell out of that pile of shit and try to see it to me as a pile of roses. I'd rather have him push his band and his brand in my face than be like some other rich asshole musicians who push their politics and social agendas in our faces every chance they get, telling me how to vote, how to live my life and who and what I should give my money to. **** them.

I'll cut off there before I go on a real rant. ;)

Anyway, to answer your question, no you aren't the only one that doesn't see him in a favorable light.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
I've never had any doubts about Kiss as a business unit, with Gene Simmons at the head of it. There are probably lessons there for modern day bands who are not going to get rich on album sales. They all need to develop income streams from other sources, and maybe Kiss is the model for that.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Now Gene is defending Donald Stirling. Story.

Even if Gene's right about a lot of people "saying those kinds of things in private", this is just making him look even stupider than ever.

The guy can't keep his mouth shut. Gene, open your mouth to sing, then close it again and keep it that way till the next song.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
^^Yeah, I guess you're right, Gene. Since everyone says that kind of stuff anyway, I guess it's cool. Does that go for anti-semitic remarks, too? Look, this isn't about free speech. Gene and Donald (or Rosie and Whoopie, for that matter) have the right to say anything they want but the public has the right to disagree and call them out on it.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.