Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
planetrock.com

Announce Next Kissology Volume

Thursday, August 11th 2011 00:00

Plus their range of merchandise just got a little weirder

In a 40 minute online chat with fans the band revealed that they would release their fourth Kissology volume in October.

As with its predecessors it will be a multi-disc set (four DVDs or a five disc limited edition) that contains a huge amount of archive video and live footage from across the band's career.

The set will apparently include:

1976 - Houston full Destroyer show
1977 - Cobo Hall
1980 - Kids Are People Too segment
1983 - US Armed Forces segment on Lick It Up Tour
2002 - Winter Olympics
2007 - VH1 Rock Honors
2009 - Cobo Hall full Alive35 show
2009 - 'Modern Day Delilah'
2010 - Wetten Dass Medley

file.php

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Who do these recycled performances appeal to...:hm:

It has become patently obvious they are releasing material just for the money, not that their's anything wrong with that. This is too much of a good thing, although I know MP and Lynch are big fans.

ANF

Reaction score
It makes them money, good for them, there are people who'd like it.

To be honest, it really ends with the third sense. As far as I care "Kiss" ended with the "farewell tour" in 2000. Since replacing Peter and Ace with other guys in their makeup they turned into a tribute band. Who wants to see 60 year old Paul and Gene duplicating the same shows that are preserved from 1977?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah there is some good stuff on this....cool to see the Kids Are People Too episode on here as well as full shows of Houston and Cobo Hall from the glorious 70's! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Spoken like a true KISS fanboy MP...:oyea:

But that's fine, if some people have to have everything Gene releases all the power to them.

Me, I'll simply play KISS ALIVE! or one of their early classic albums and be happy.:rs:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
:grinthumb Great live album.

Fanboy I am :oyea: :heheh:

You know what though LG? It's really like being a kid again...waiting to see these guys on TV back in the day. Here we just get to put it on. Takes one back is all.

I prefer the CD's by them also, or any other band.

But I'm soooo addicted to ALL my music DVD'd from any band. It's an issue I'm working on.

:pullhair: :heheh:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:grinthumb Great live album.

Fanboy I am :oyea: :heheh:

You know what though LG? It's really like being a kid again...waiting to see these guys on TV back in the day. Here we just get to put it on. Takes one back is all.

I prefer the CD's by them also, or any other band.

But I'm soooo addicted to ALL my music DVD'd from any band. It's an issue I'm working on.

:pullhair: :heheh:

I'm the same way,I'm a completist,I have to have everything from everyone!! I need help!! :pullhair:

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I don't mind them recycling old performances, in fact, I prefer it. I'd rather see KISS in their prime with the original members. I wish the Rolling Stones would follow suit. They've got a ton of great performance footage (promo videos, TV performances, etc.) from the Brian Jones and Mick Taylor eras. But instead of releasing that stuff, they film and release their latest concerts. They're still pretty good live, but I want to see the classic stuff. By the way, I don't buy a lot of KISS stuff, but I'll buy this.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^There's just too much new music I would spend the time listening to than repeats of old KISS concerts...nothing against the band, but their universally highly thought of Live album is all I need when I'm in that mood.

The money spent on that box set I could easily spend on something else, but different strokes for different folks, 3 of you so far are lined up to give Gene some more money...:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online