King's X (Official Thread)

runtfan

Reaction score
Re: King's X

The Platypus albums are excellent...and I had forgotten about the Jelly Jam albums. I need to listen to Jelly Jam again - I haven't listened to them in for ever.
I've reached the conclusion, after listening to alot of the solo/side projects of the King's X guys, that Ty Tabor is most responsible for the King's X sound and style. He's the strongest writer in the bunch and his killer tone and playing style follow him through all the various side projects. Doug Pinnick and Jerry Gaskill are outstanding instrumentalists and Doug Pinnick is a vocal giant as far as I'm concerned, but for my money, Ty Tabor is the "X" factor that makes King's X work.

joe

Reaction score

^^^No question, Ty is the man. I have two of his solo albums which are more of a pop/rock melodic approach. Catchy with alot of nice hooks. Even with his collaborations(Platypus, The Jelly Jam, Jughead) he is the mainforce behind the projects. Not only underrated as a guitarist but as a songwriter as well IMO.

joe

Reaction score

Yet another project from Ty Tabor with Derek Sherinian, with the brothers Matt(bass) and drummer Greg Bissonette who has played with the Kieth Emerson Band. The s/t album released in 2002 is more of a power pop/rock approach.

67600.jpg

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

Did anyone here ever get ahold of the solo material from Jerry Gaskill?

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score

I have Gretchen on vinyl .... it's going to cd, and in the car. Oh yes.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I got Gretchen Goes To Nebraska in the mail the other day .I have only played it twice so far but I really like it so far.

joe

Reaction score

Right on Wolf. No question thier best IMO as well as many other fans of the band.

joe

Reaction score

Supershine s/t debut(2000) consisted of King's X bassists/vocalist Doug Pinnick and two members from the legendary doom metal band, Trouble(Bruce Franklin-guitars and drummer Jeff Olsen). Production and mixing from King's X members Ty Tabor and Jerry Caskill. No question, a sound reminescent of both bands. Straight ahead hard rock. Well done.

0000559954_350.jpg

BuddyWms

Reaction score
Magic, just found this site, was wondering, I have a copy of the Sneak Preview album that I bought from the band in Clarksville Tn in 1983-5( not exactly sure of year) At the time I had them sign it and I added it to my album collection, In 1991, they came to Jacksonville Fl and I was able to have them resign the album. with this knowledge, I would have to say I own the most expensive copy of this album, what do you think?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online