Register to remove these ads

King's X (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Progressive Rock' started by joe, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

Over My Head (from Gretchen Goes To NE) is probably the only song of theirs that I can remember by name.

2. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

I sure hope you aren't asking me about the value of this, because I have no clue how to put a monetary value on something like that.

If it were my album, it would be priceless to me...:)

3. BuddyWms

BuddyWms Junior Member

I agree.....priceless. However it must be one of the rarest of the rare. Just thought you would like to know that there are some survivors out there and the guys were always willing to sign them.

4. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

My vinyl copy is in almost mint condition (My brother never played it much and I dont think I have ever played it) but I would love to view your signed album cover....

Is there a way you could snap a picture of it and share it? That would be totally awesome to look at!!!

5. Rock Candy

Rock Candy Rock 'n' Roll Doctor

Their version of "Take Cover" they did for some Mr. Big tribute album a few years ago was fantastic; I'm starting to think I might actually prefer their cover to the original.

6. stepcousin

stepcousin stuck in the 70's

big King's X fan, well at least the first 5 or 6 albums. When they put out their debut they sounded like nobody else, then fellow Katy,Texans came out The Galactic Cowboys and then Atomic Opera. I didnt get into King's X until around 2000 when I found a cassette of "Faith Hope Love" for .25 at a thrift store. Then I went and got all of their albums up to "Ear Candy". I love their bass heavy soundthat goes against the grain of their layered harmonies.
    Their fans are a strange bunch, seeing how the band doesnt really fit it with the metalheads or classic rockers or grunge/alt rockers either.

7. cyggy

cyggy Cygnusx1

"over my head I hear Music "

"Lost In GermANY"

yeh , a great band , saw em live once in Nottingham's Rock City , Hendrix meets Beatles :)