Kings of Leon abandon U.S. concert due to pigeon poop

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score
Mod: Pls move this if it's not in the correct forum..thank you.

Kings of Leon abandon U.S. concert due to pigeon poop

Mon Jul 26, 12:30 am ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – American rock band Kings of Leon said they were forced to abandon a concert in St. Louis at the weekend after three songs because pigeons kept pooping on them from the rafters.
The band left the stage at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater on Friday after bass player Jared Followill was hit in the face by one dropping.
"Jared was hit several times during the first two songs. On the third song, when he was hit in the cheek and some of it landed near his mouth, they couldn't deal any longer," the Nashville band's publicist, Any Mendelsohn, said in a statement.
"It's not only disgusting - it's a toxic hazard. They really tried to hang in there."
Drummer Nathan Followill apologized on Twitter to fans of the Grammy-winning band which is made up of three Followill brothers and their cousin Matthew who plays lead guitar.
"So sorry St Louis. We had to bail, pigeons s****ing in Jared's mouth and it was too unsanitary to continue," he wrote.
"Don't take it out on Jared ... Sorry for all who (travelled) many miles."
The band was to continue its U.S. tour in Cleveland, Ohio, on Monday to promote its fourth album "Only By The Night" before heading to Canada and Britain.
The country duo Sugarland was scheduled to play the venue on Sunday night.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
While on the one hand that is funny it is also kind of ridiculous.

Wear a freakin' cowboy hat and a poncho and keep playing guys...that is what a true professional would have done.:nw:

iasc

Reaction score
I don't like this band either
I also agree with Lord Grendel. A bit of improvisation and they would've been sorted

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
I'm rather surprised I've never heard of this band before (especially considering they have four albums and a Grammy on their resume), but they got free face-time on the local news tonight.

My favorite bands resorted to throw television sets into hotel pools or trashing hotel rooms or backstage dressing rooms for press. Or all three. Ah, the good ol' days...

Too bad they cut the show short like that though. Perry Farrell would have had a field day on stage. Maybe they should hire him as a consultant for next time.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Cyndi Lauper had a pigeon poop in her mouth and continued the concert. These guys are bigger wimps than her is seems. :D

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Kings of Leon abandon U.S. concert due to pigeon poop.

Mon Jul 26, 12:30 am ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – American rock band Kings of Leon said they were forced to abandon a concert in St. Louis at the weekend after three songs because pigeons kept pooping on them from the rafters.
Just heard on the news that it was just one guy that was actually hit, and only once at that. If true, I gotta say that's pretty lame to pull the plug on your own show after only three songs due to one lousy bird-bomb. Dude couldn't just shrug it off and carry on, huh? Weak. :rolleyes:

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
You can treat royalty that way though, they're kings after all.

So, I think these guys are cousins and brothers, and their grandpa was named Leon, so they called themselves Kings of Leon. That ****** me off right there...Then that goof starts singing and I just want to vomit. Some woman I worked with tried to get me into them -- I can't stand them. Like I said, that singer has a creepy voice. He should duet with Celine Dion. That would gruesome.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.