1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

King Crimson (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Progressive Rock' started by Nirvanadude, Sep 7, 2005.

1. electric funeral

electric funeral Just listening music

Aren't all the 70's releases over our heads? Sometimes I get even irritated by the music. Give me the 80's releases!!

2. Khor1255

Khor1255 Senior Member

Not at all! They are brilliant. But some of the tracks don't really engage me.

The 80s stuff is cool but no where near as innovative or musically interesting to me. But to each his own.

3. Riff Raff

Riff Raff The Kevin Owens Show Staff Member

I'd gladly pick up some more KC albums if they weren't so ****ing overpriced here. Ranging between 35-50 bucks an album is ridiculous.
    Ill probably ebay or hopefully Amazon has albums cheaper there, just don't buy from retail in Australia, they rip people off.

4. Khor1255

Khor1255 Senior Member

It's weird but Zappa albums are ridiculously expensive here in Baltimore where he lived for quite some time. I could never get that one. I guess it's a supply/demand thing.

And Riff, if you like metal I think you are really going to dig Red. It is progressive but has such a dark metal feel that it hooked me right away when I was a die hard rivet head.

5. LG

LG Fade To Black

KC's vinyl reissues are really expensive as well, about $40+ each.

If I did get any new KC albums they would be the remixed ones Stephen Wilson did with Fripp's blessing, I haven't listened to any of them yet. I should order one just to compare it with my old CD's, but when it comes down to it I would most likely get ITCOTCK on vinyl instead...:think:

6. Riff Raff

Riff Raff The Kevin Owens Show Staff Member

I like the song One More Red Nightmare. Definitely a nice harder edge to it.

7. Malikarcanum

Malikarcanum A Child in Time

Oh yeah, Red is killer.

Been a pretty big Opeth fan for a while, & you can tell they took a lot of influence for their new album Heritage from this record.

8. gigispeed1332

gigispeed1332 Senior Member

I have only ever heard the first album, was pretty awesome. Heard the 2nd album was essentially a rehasing of the first one, so didn't listen to it. I will be listening to Red soon.

9. sco703

sco703 Senior Member

Discipline is excellent. Red is also great but I need to listen to that and the rest of their catalog much more.

10. Khor1255

Khor1255 Senior Member

That's the most often criticism of it but to my ear in a few ways In The Wake is more of a punchy rock and roll album. Songs like Pictures of a City and Cat Food really stand out in their entire catalog.