King Crimson (Official Thread)

Nirvanadude

Vinyl Collector
Reaction score
King Crimson

King Crimson Official Website

A1U9HYt14HL._SL600_.jpg

I love this incredible band. The eccentric Robert Fripp is one of the most underrated guitarists of all time IMO. Adrian Belew is no slouch either on some of thier later recordings.

Studio Albums

1969 In the Court of the Crimson King
1970 In the Wake of Poseidon
1970 Lizard
1971 Islands
1973 Larks' Tongues in Aspic
1974 Starless and Bible Black
1974 Red
1981 Discipline
1982 Beat
1984 Three of a Perfect Pair
1995 Thrak
2000 The ConstruKction of Light
2003 The Power to Believe

My favorites:

In The Court Of The Crimson King

king_crimson_in_the_court_of_the_crimson_king.jpg

Starless and Bible Black

King_Crimson-Starless__Bible_Black-400x400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Re: Any King Crimson Fans in the House?

I like just about every carnation of KC.
My farovites are
Court of the KC-this era is amazing because it mixes Lake vocals with Sinfields words and the combination of Fripp and McDonald is stunning

Red/Larks' Tongues in Aspic era/Starless and Bible Black
Bruford/Wetton/fripp/Cross-this is my favorite era where I believe Fripp's sound of all albums to come kicks in.

Discipline-by far my favorite studio album of the new era of KC. Their live show got better thru each of the next few albums. The addition of Belew and Levin made KC my favorite band of the early 80's. I agree with Martha its unfair to lump this sound in with the talking heads after all Belew was pretty much in the band. Let alone the talking heads, who I love, could touch KC in the instrumental sections of music. Tony Levin's stick also adds a sound found nowhere else(at the time).

Of the later albums I like Thrak and lots of their live stuff.

I love Belew's solo albums Lone Rino and Twang Bar King ahve not only interesting guitar work but some good lyrics. His latest albums are interesting I like Side One and Side Two. I'm a fan of his experimental guitar stuff but his lyrics might now be on the down swing. Although anyone who can sing a whole song about Ampersand gets points with me. :p

Anything Fripp seems to touch is gold to me. Eno & Fripp, Fripp and Summers, Fripp and David Sylvan, Fripps soundscapes, Fripptronics, Robert Fripp & The League of Gentlemen, Fripp and Bowie, Fripp and Gabriel etccc

Tony Levin's new band with former Peter Gabriel original band members-Larry Fast and Jerry Marotta is also very good.

Last edited:

harmlessgoat22

burningthunder.net
Reaction score

I don't know much of they're stuff, but I've got the album The Power to Believe, and it is awesome. Which reminds me :D {cranks up the music}

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

King Crimson is an amazing band, no other prog band has gone through as many changes as they have since the Debut album came out. Basically it is Robert Fripp's band but they are a musical chameleon, changing continuously over the years. I like everything they recorded up to Thrak, after that I haven't listened to their newer material.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

the debut was excellent. In the court of the crimson king. next on my list would be Larks' tongues in aspic. They are the Numero Uno prog band, IMO>

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I like Lizard the best, especially the title song, don't ask me why though...lol.

KCLizardfrontcover.jpg

KCLizardbackcover.jpg

RED FRED

Reaction score

Crimson are a great band who have always had great players. My top three has to be Red, Straless, & three of a perfect pair. I've always been a big fan of Primus & you only have to hear elephant talk to get where they're sound came from. Add a little rush & presto.(No pun intended). Also the vocal harmonies on frame by frame are very reminicent of Alice in chains. Check out as much as you can & make your world a better place.

Mr. Flee

Reaction score

for me the wetton era kc is the best ! plus that wonderfull debut off course!!

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

Frippertronics rulzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!:):)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online