King Crimson (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^:heheh:

I use that just so people know I'm a guy, makes it easy I figure.

Also Lord Grendel does have a certain panache' about it I like...:D

But LG is what everyone calls me in here..;)

Ember

Reaction score
Actually, you hit on one thing I like about this forum. There are a lot of ladies. Most other forums are frequented mostly by men.
It's no wonder this forum seemed so much more sensible and intelligent than most.:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^We do have a lot of nice ladies here, that's because we are civilized...:D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am really enjoying the In The Wake of Poseidon album. Quickly becoming a fan of this band, what got me curious about checking King Crimson out was the fact it was an influence on Opeth Heritage. I can definitely hear tinges of KC in that Opeth album.
My favourite tune so far on this KC album, probably In The Wake of Poseidon itself.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It's a top notch album in my books too. Got a lot of stick back in the day for not being adventurous enough after their stunning debut, coupled with the fact that Fripp's band existed in name only when Poseidon was released they couldn't tour to support it, which back then was a big part of the business.

I love the way they incorporated Holst's "Mars, God of War" in the Devil's Triangle.:grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^It's a top notch album in my books too. Got a lot of stick back in the day for not being adventurous enough after their stunning debut, coupled with the fact that Fripp's band existed in name only when Poseidon was released they couldn't tour to support it, which back then was a big part of the business.

I love the way they incorporated Holst's "Mars, God of War" in the Devil's Triangle.:grinthumb

When it comes to prog bands I love an album that's adventurous. Progressive music to me is supposed to embark the listener on one, really be good at capturing the attention.

joe

Reaction score
Heavy and metallic:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Epitaph really brings tears to my eyes. But only because it was so beautifully made and shows how much effort they put into it. A very touching prog ballad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online