Karen Carpenter (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: Karen Carpenter.

Ladyislingering, The job was great but it payed pretty crappy. It was a lot of fun because I just had to plug in commercial carts(kind of like 8 tracks) into a machine which would automatically start playing them at a commercial break & do the weather updates. I was the only person in the station because it was on a satellite feed from Arizona so I used to always invite my friends over & we'd have a riot plus even though the station only played easy listening from the 40's,50's,60's & 70's they still would get all types of albums or singles sent to the station so we would get them I got a couple Judas Priest records,Bootsy Collins,Stevie Ray Vaughan...etc plus all of the old stuff too because the music was piped in as I said so we didn't have to play any music. The station ended up letting the staff go because technology brought in a better system where nobody was needed at the station but I did have a fun 3 year run there.
Actually working there really opened me up to a lot of genres(stuff I remembered my parents listening to like Glen Miller or Perry Como) & hearing Karen Carpenter's voice at least 2 times an hour made me realize what a beautiful voice she did have & made me really recognize her as an artist.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Just wanted to bump this thread because my unloading crew got on a kick of singing Carpenters songs at work. Usually happy quirky songs are perfect for irony their! :heheh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Just wanted to bump this thread because my unloading crew got on a kick of singing Carpenters songs at work. Usually happy quirky songs are perfect for irony their! :heheh:

Oh pleeeeeeease tell me that "Sing" was on your set list. :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Naw! Just the most popular ones! Remember we are a blue collar group so the deeper tracks have evaded most of us! My personal favorite was "Close To You"! :heheh:

Also very good. :heheh:

But "Sing" is totally a popular song. Didn't you ever watch Sesame Street? :D

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

I'm a few days early but it's been almost 28 years since Karen left.
And her voice still makes my heart sing, cry, melt away, and basically any other term under the whole "completely moves me in a million ways" umbrella.

Has ever there been a woman with a more beautiful voice? I think not. This is indisputable. Karen Carpenter, an angel on earth and in death.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

Love her

The Carpenters were part of the childhood memories
This was one of the 8 tracks Dad and mum had for the Dodge Dart ...

they listened to alot of Folk-ish rock (kingston trio, Johnny Cash, Bobby Goldsboro, Peter Paul and Mary etc) so this was just on par with it all :grinthumb

I loved Karens voice ..she was angelic and it was just a shame she had so many demons ..in her self esteem:(

Love this song:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.