Karen Carpenter (Official Thread)

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Re: Karen Carpenter.

My wife and I were sitting by the fire outside a couple of months ago. It was time to put on another cd. I was on my 8th Corona which means it was time to pull one out of the vault. The Carpenters 11/16/1976 Amsterdam was my choice. Karen filled my backyard with her angelic voice. My wife said, "The Carpenters......you?" Yes.....me. Instant transportation to the happy times of my youth. Super melodies and great songs will live forever.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

That is the sweetest thing. ♥

Honestly, I secretly judge someone's character by how well they treat animals, how structured their grammar is, and whether or not they like the Carpenters. :heheh:

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score

Probably the purest female voice ever... I dug "Hurting Each Other" before I got immersed in rock and roll. You have to acknowledge well-crafted, cool pop tunes and The Carpenters had many.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

i dont know if this is a Carpenters thread but I guess I'll post anyway. I love the Carpenters and I agree that Karen Carpenter had a voice like an angel. Something about her voice just makes me feel like, I can't explain it. Don't think I'm weird but her voice is like smelling a red rose or a warm summer breeze or just imagine the most peaceful thing you can think of. No, I'm not gay or nothin'. There's a few things in this world that make me feel really peaceful and her sweet voice is one of them.

Ok, now I gotta go listen to some Metallica or somethin', just so I don't get kicked out of the heavy metal club.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online