Kamelot (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Kamelot

Well sorry to hear about their personal lose but then we all go through that stuff.
More introspective or not the music is just not there for me on this one.
Maybe next time.

Honestly, DKW, I didn't read any reviews on the new album. Since you are a fan of Kamelot, and a huge metalhead :), I decided to search out some fan reviews............Your thoughts on the new album is echoed in reviews.

Just thought you would like to know I read 10 reviews from metal fans and fans of Kamelot, and they all were disappointed in the new album.

I personally liked the new album, but then I have to state that I am a fairly new metal fan, and a lot of the metal I have been introduced to sounds amazing to me. I have no background in metal to base my comparison on except the albums from Kamelot I have.......and I stated I like Poetry for the Poisoned album just as much as The Black Halo.

:tup:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I enjoy reading some outside sources when checking out a new band for the first time, like which album to start with but I will always base my own viewpoint on what I hear myself when I play anything. From the latest version of Beethoven's Sonata's which some fans called..."Robotic" but I rate as first class to new albums from bands I do like and know something about.

I respect DKW's metal knowledge a lot, and he has introduced me to many new "Obscure" bands I like, but in this case I just disagree about Kamelot's new album. I don't mind a band changing things up a little, keeps them fresh and in "Poetry's..." case what the band had gone through leading up to the recording of the CD had a palpable impact on the end result.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I agree ,LG. My opinion has nothing to do with reviews as I rarely if ever read them. I listen to the music and have my own likes and dislikes regardless of trends ,popularity or any other factors.

I don't care what a band wears , what their personal beliefs are, or what their outside behavior may be. What matters to me is the music and the music alone.

That said I can see someone else being interested in hearing others opinions.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I like hearing opinions from people I respect and know, like in the forum that helps tremendously when it comes to checking out a new band that someone else knows intimately.:hab:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I like hearing opinions from people I respect and know, like in the forum that helps tremendously when it comes to checking out a new band that someone else knows intimately.:hab:

Yeah, I understand that. I like to get recommendations from people who I know
have similar tastes in various musical genres. One of my best sources is a Metal Guru who lives in India and plays lead in a Grind band. I'm really not that much of a grindcore guy myself but he knows all :bow:

:heheh:

And just to clarify my position on the new Kamelot....I do believe it is worthy of listening to. I just don't think that it is up to what they are capable of.
However, I realize that others may disagree and I respect that fact.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I know exactly what you mean, I have a friend who mods a forum and lives in Nepal, and he has been a great source of bands I never heard of before.

The internet at it's finest I have to say, as far as having fun with music goes anyway.:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Very Queensryche...the recordings with original vocalist Mark Vanderbilt

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online