Kamelot (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Kamelot

Karma has a great cover as well.

Kamelot+-+Karma+%282001%29.jpg

I really like the new album, I have played it 4 times over the last two days and thoroughly enjoyed it. Nothing earth shattering or new for Kamelot, but the band is in top form and so far it's been a great year for new albums from some of my favorite metal bands.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I have the Japanese release of the 2010 "Poetry For the Poisoned" which came with a different bonus track:

This album is fantastic, it is actually a lot better than Ghost Opera, which I didn't like nearly as well as The Black Halo

Kudos to the new album

:oy:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have that one myself, gotta love the metal bands they repay the rabid fans in Japan by giving them different versions and sometimes bonus tracks no one else gets, not even their home country.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Yea, I know. What I do is try to look up the tracks from all the releases and add the bonus tracks I dont have..........

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

They sometimes will bundle them all together and issue an "EP" with these bonus tracks and "B" sides in the window between studio albums, but I like to get them while they are still hot off the presses.:grinthumb

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

After many listens I am disappointed with the new Kamelot. They have strayed too far from their symphonic metal roots on this one IMO. Almost seems like they have streamlined their sound to appeal to a more mainstreamed fanbase

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

After many listens I am disappointed with the new Kamelot. They have strayed too far from their symphonic metal roots on this one IMO. Almost seems like they have streamlined their sound to appeal to a more mainstreamed fanbase

I remember reading Youngblood's comments about the new album a while ago, he was saying the band had a lot of personal issues to deal with, he lost a family member(His Mom I believe it was) and that the new CD reflected a much more introspective side of the band.

I am a huge fan of theirs DKW, they are one of the bands that kickstarted my interest in music again a few years ago, and I even got Magic to give them a chance after singing their praises.

I like the new album, and will keep it near the top of the pile for a while longer.:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Here is my thoughts on the new album:

It is not like Kamelot is making a big comeback, they are riding in a rocking chair of success. They didn't offer anything new, but I did like how they incorporated a lot of guest musicians. For me the highlight of the album is the opening track and the title track. I was not disappointed at all :)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Well sorry to hear about their personal lose but then we all go through that stuff.
More introspective or not the music is just not there for me on this one.
Maybe next time.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online