Justin Bieber

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I feel I should worship this guy! I mean seriously he's a magnet without even trying! How the hell do we think he's going to fade away when even his haters STILL can't resist talking about him! :oyea: I just figured he wasn't on my radar but I may be becoming a fan now! :grinthumb

Soot.. Just my two cents again on this matter.. I think for some who are being labeled "haters".. It's not about hating Bieber and his music even though some don't care for that style at all, but to me and maybe some others it's the decline of quality music that they hate.. The whole way that the industry has catered to just keeping certain talents alive and closing the door on the rest of struggling bands who would show true talent..
Now I didn't say Bieber dosn't have talent.. I hope you catch my meaning as a whole who are reading this..
To some.. There will always be another Bieber as long as the record labels care about making tons of money rather than making balanced decisions when it comes to the full scale of what everybody enjoys when it comes to music taste.
Once again.. It's the hating the lack of decent choices made by the mega companies controlling what they think is good for everybody..
We don't live in Disneyland.. and to me it seems like this nice little puffy fluffy pop music that they want us to enjoy is a false reality..

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Soot.. Just my two cents again on this matter.. I think for some who are being labeled "haters".. It's not about hating Bieber and his music even though some don't care for that style at all, but to me and maybe some others it's the decline of quality music that they hate.. The whole way that the industry has catered to just keeping certain talents alive and closing the door on the rest of struggling bands who would show true talent..
Now I didn't say Bieber dosn't have talent.. I hope you catch my meaning as a whole who are reading this..
To some.. There will always be another Bieber as long as the record labels care about making tons of money rather than making balanced decisions when it comes to the full scale of what everybody enjoys when it comes to music taste.
Once again.. It's the hating the lack of decent choices made by the mega companies controlling what they think is good for everybody..
We don't live in Disneyland.. and to me it seems like this nice little puffy fluffy pop music that they want us to enjoy is a false reality..

Fair enough Slip' N! It's true that their always will be a bias towards marketable pop artists in the industry. I've seen great bands lose a major label after one album but the thing is even if they aren't on the charts or end up on an indie they are still making music you can buy and whether Justin is at the top of the heap he's still harmless as he doesn't stop anyone from actually producing music or their fans from buying it. That's what I mean when I say justin doesn't really affect anyone's world unless they se music as an industry competition rather than art. I mean my new favorite album recently is by Blue October who released their latest album on an independant and while its doing moderately well it's not even a blip on the Justin success radar! The point is I still get to enjoy that c.d. and band without hearing a note of Justin. That kid can exist (and honestly he's just a kid) without damaging the wide variety of bands that still exist for listeners today IMO.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Fair enough Slip' N! It's true that their always will be a bias towards marketable pop artists in the industry. I've seen great bands lose a major label after one album but the thing is even if they aren't on the charts or end up on an indie they are still making music you can buy and whether Justin is at the top of the heap he's still harmless as he doesn't stop anyone from actually producing music or their fans from buying it. That's what I mean when I say justin doesn't really affect anyone's world unless they se music as an industry competition rather than art. I mean my new favorite album recently is by Blue October who released their latest album on an independant and while its doing moderately well it's not even a blip on the Justin success radar! The point is I still get to enjoy that c.d. and band without hearing a note of Justin. That kid can exist (and honestly he's just a kid) without damaging the wide variety of bands that still exist for listeners today IMO.

On that note I will say.. Media exposure is what covers the bands so that the "word" gets out there to the next wave of fans..
Bands like you said.. "Indie' are forced underground and thank god for music board such as this or some of us would never hear about anything NEW out there.. MTV and VH1 to me is really hard to watch more than a couple of minutes because it's bombed by mostly lacking artist that they spend time and money to get the youth to hook up with..
You know what I'm getting at? I havn't listen at all to Bieber not for hate or curiousity sake, but more than I'm sure he wouldn't move me like his music move others..:cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
On that note I will say.. Media exposure is what covers the bands so that the "word" gets out there to the next wave of fans..
Bands like you said.. "Indie' are forced underground and thank god for music board such as this or some of us would never hear about anything NEW out there.. MTV and VH1 to me is really hard to watch more than a couple of minutes because it's bombed by mostly lacking artist that they spend time and money to get the youth to hook up with..
You know what I'm getting at? I havn't listen at all to Bieber not for hate or curiousity sake, but more than I'm sure he wouldn't move me like his music move others..:cheers2

No, and to be honest he doesn't move me either and I understand what you are saying! Thank God for the internet, magazines, some t.v., radio, internet radio, internet forums and the widest variety of word of mouth and overall sources for finding music ever. Slip'N, I honestly never thought you were hating on the kid from what I saw anyway. You don't tend to waste your energy saying negative things about artist in general and give them that extra attention. It sounds like we are pretty much on the same page in many aspects! :grinthumb

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
No, and to be honest he doesn't move me either and I understand what you are saying! Thank God for the internet, magazines, some t.v., radio, internet radio, internet forums and the widest variety of word of mouth and overall sources for finding music ever. Slip'N, I honestly never thought you were hating on the kid from what I saw anyway. You don't tend to waste your energy saying negative things about artist in general and give them that extra attention. It sounds like we are pretty much on the same page in many aspects! :grinthumb

Yup Agreed.. My post off yours was just another branch so that some might consider that It's not about hating Justin. it's more that it's understandable why some used his thread to voice a disapproval aimed at the industry.

:cheers2

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
As far as the whole "the industry is killing good music" spiel... Indie Rock is the main form of rock that labels push today. So I'm not sure I can agree with that idea.

Sad thing is, probably the only way he gets fans is by this reason, the haters. I'm not saying i'm a fan, but it's kind of backwards how he gets fans out of the reaction the haters give toward him.

That's truly preposterous. He gets fans because people like his music. Why would anyone like him for being hated? He was a tween hero before the haters got a hold of him. You're thinking of Rebbecca Black, not Justin Bieber. I mean, seriously, ask a 15 year old girl why she likes Justin Bieber. Haters aren't going to have anything to do with her answer.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Also the people who wish death on him need to grow the **** up too.

Yep. The same thing can be said about anything that young teens like these days. A good sized amount of youngsters get infatuated with something, other people say it's dumb, the fans get enraged and call the "jealous", that make the un-fans take up a personal vendetta against it, and from there on the tension gathers more attention, sucks more people in, and becomes a much larger phenomenon than it otherwise would have been. Twilight has a similar effect.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
That's truly preposterous. He gets fans because people like his music. Why would anyone like him for being hated? He was a tween hero before the haters got a hold of him. You're thinking of Rebbecca Black, not Justin Bieber. I mean, seriously, ask a 15 year old girl why she likes Justin Bieber. Haters aren't going to have anything to do with her answer.

First off, I didn't say the people that are fans of him didn't like his music. I noted that his popularity comes from most of the haters. If his fans actually like his music, than more power to them. My point was mostly along the lines of his popularity is getting bigger and bigger the more people trash talk him. And some of the popularity comes from people actually liking his music. But the amount of haters is unfortunately a lot bigger than the number of fans he has, you can at least agree to that.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.