Just think 2011.....

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
* [
* Chickenfoot - This will also be interesting. The first album was pretty good, hope this one will be as well. Might go check them on tour this time if they hit the road.

Lynch you are aware that Chickenfoot might be missing Chad Smith on this new album. :uh: Although Chad himself has said he will be participating in the new album, but he may have to be replaced on a Chickenfoot tour.

Kuaizi

Reaction score
New Aphex Twin!!!! Hell yes! Also excited about the new Rush and Radiohead~ Mildly excited about the VH (I agree MP, VH needs Michael and his vocals!), RHCP, and The Cars (what's the lineup?).
I am curious about when Them Crooked Vultures is gonna come out with a new album, if it will be this year or next.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Lynch you are aware that Chickenfoot might be missing Chad Smith on this new album. :uh: Although Chad himself has said he will be participating in the new album, but he may have to be replaced on a Chickenfoot tour.
Yeah... but I would say that Smith is easily the most replaceable person in the group. His drumming is nothing special (not bad, just nothing great). Michael Anthony is nothing special on bass either, but he makes up for with his harmonies.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
New Aphex Twin!!!! Hell yes! Also excited about the new Rush and Radiohead~ Mildly excited about the VH (I agree MP, VH needs Michael and his vocals! ), RHCP, and The Cars (what's the lineup?).
I am curious about when Them Crooked Vultures is gonna come out with a new album, if it will be this year or next.

I don't get this Michael thing at all Kuaizi man!! It's very frustrating for me...:bonk:

I don't think Wolfie fits them at all...I'm sure he's a nice enough kid and all.

The Cars line up?? Just the 4 of them...Greg Hawkes is to be taking over the bass role as well.

Here's a thread on it, from 70's Guy you may have missed. :grinthumb

http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/f7/return-cars-9106/

:cheers2

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I'm still hoping that something's going to happen in this decade to bring back some of the fire and brimstone. Reduce the prominence of wantonly-materialistic lyrics, the crowd-obsessed club music, the sterilized hospital-room production, and the played-out status quo "indie" rock which is all owned by major labels these days. There's always exceptions to the rule, but then there are times in music history where being good actually becomes in vogue, and since it hasn't happened for a while I'm hoping we're due.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
There are always good bands releasing albums in every decade, some are better than others to be sure, but music is cyclical, and I for one cannot wait for the day when "Mechanical prepackaged Pop" and Hip-Hop/Rap are on the way out.

As far as production in the studio, I would send All of them to school, and have Alan Parsons, Ted Templeman and a few other talented engineers/producers teach them how to record a proper album, there are so many poorly done ones from the 90's and 2000's it's ridiculous.:nw:

Kuaizi

Reaction score
I agree LG... production these days is just crap. To me, everything is just too "in your face." No dynamics, no acoustic sounding drums (to me, drum production has sounded like crap for awhile now) which makes everything sound so flat and boring. Couple that with whiney emo singers and the lack of guitar solos and you have a recipe for junk music.
All decades have their great artists and a whole slew of crap ones. But where are the great artists of today? We all just sit and hope for some of the old struggling bands to return to their former glory, and keep getting let down over and over again with lukewarm efforts.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^There are some CD's I've got that are very good Kuaizi, but many others are not acceptable from a sound quality point of view. Some people try to tell me that the "Skinny" or "Low-fi" recordings these days are done intentionally, I don't care if that is true or not they are terrible and I usually won't waste my time listening to them. We have all kinds of adjustments we can make on our home stereo/surround systems, there is no need to "dumb down" the sound to make a point, for people who want Garage type sound on their albums play with the equalization settings etc. to get the sound you like, but leave the original at the levels I expect after 40+ years of collecting music.

Here's an album that was recorded on analog tape in 1956 and was transferred to CD by one of the best group of sound engineers in history and it is better quality than most of the CD's released since 1990.

firebird.jpg

Recorded live in Moscow, with the microphones wide open, no limitations whatsoever placed on the orchestra so they indulged themselves and the result was this amazing album.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online

No members online now.