Julian Lennon VS Paul McCartney

runtfan

Reaction score
In general, I'm pretty sympathetic towards Julian for having gotten a raw deal in alot of ways, but I don't see why Paul's wedding is something Julian should assume he needs to be included in...it doesn't have anything to do with Julian, John Lennon or the Beatles.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
:heheh: Everyone loves Steve Buscemi !!!

Isn't he in every other movie you see?

:lmao:

He seems to be in a lot of movies.

Anyway, I like Julian, I like Paul...

I wanna hear Julian's new album. :)

FgoeT.jpg

:oyea:I love Steve lol..he's awesome !

I love them too..It's A LACK OF COMMUNICATION ..thats what I think happened

And btw it's nice your back to argue with me lol:flirt

Runt, perhaps it's true ..Paul was very involved with Julian most of his life. And it seems lately not so much..

Paul may have just forgot and Julian maybe should be better in contact with him if he wants to be included in each others lives . It's a two way street..both are busy musicians and thats the problem...they must put in effort like all friends and family must do...famous or not :grinthumb

Btw Julian just attended a Gig in London which as he puts it 'he got to see his dear brother Sean (Lennon) play an awesome set' just in case folks wanna start on if he gets along with yoko and sean ..yes he does:cheers2

Attachments

• sean-and-julian-lennon.jpg
    sean-and-julian-lennon.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 24
  • sean yoko julian.jpg
    sean yoko julian.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 24
  • sean.cyn.yoko;julres.jpg
    sean.cyn.yoko;julres.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 24
  • love_premier_party10.jpg
    love_premier_party10.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
In general, I'm pretty sympathetic towards Julian for having gotten a raw deal in alot of ways, but I don't see why Paul's wedding is something Julian should assume he needs to be included in...it doesn't have anything to do with Julian, John Lennon or the Beatles.

Well, Paul did get married on John's birthday. I'm just sayin'.:hm:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
We just see things differently, that's all....

I thought we were politely disagreeing...

plus, I gave my opinion first - so you're arguing with me! ;):)

:heheh:

0BkOJ.gif

:grinthumb

:heheh::heheh::heheh:

ok you got me there :grinthumb
disagree argue..I feel a Monty Python moment here !

We both love The Beatles so just saying..it's all good !:flirt

Maybe if John was a better father to Julian..but that's water under the bridge and you can piss off about it or move forward..Julian really has, his new album is pretty good
and you might be interested to know he is deeply spiritual these days..it's a sign he's trying to heal in a healthy way..

he just had a bitter moment in that fb rant..it happens with family politics ..people you love often are the ones that hurt you the most..an usually unintentionally ..which I think is what happen..

btw like your Ramones !

Yeah, Dob, thats why I think Paul was being a bit of a ..you know lol ? Love him but come on..then again maybe Nancy picked the date ? Still tho ?:tongue:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Well, I think Julian should just accept that the first wives and kids are going to be ignored to a point. Look at Pattie Harrison. With all the stuff going on in regards to the George Harrison documentary, where's Patti? Was she invited to the screenings and the parties, has she been out there promoting the film? The answer is no. I have the book that was released in conjunction with the film, a book written by Olivia Harrison. Patti barely gets a mention. This a woman who was with George during the craziest part of his life. She was there during the world wide mania, she shared his first LSD trip with him (and John and Cynthia), she was the one who introduced him to the Eastern religion that would change and guide his life to his dying day. She did all that and barely gets a mention in the book of her (ex-) husband's life. From what I understand, she gets the same treatment in the movie. At this point in time, it's Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia who represent the Beatles to the world, especially in regards to their business dealings. I understand that it's not fair to certain people but I hope Julian can just accept the reality of it and move on with his life.

Just wanted to say I Watched this Doc by Scorsese tonight and I don't know where you got the idea that Pattie Boyd wasn't involved in this ? She is VERY in it..interviewed..she WAS involved.. she is in the film...with Olivia too ? The whole first half of the film ..just saying ..this is false..

Cynthia is in many clips as well as Julian ..

It was a unintentional slight..for Paul to exclude Julian and his mum..
bad communication if you will..

They need to pick up a phone or something ..once in awhile :D

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I wrote this based on publicity surrounding the doc's release. I have the film and Patti was in it more than I thought she would be, though still not enough for my taste.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I'm not sure why people think that Julian should be invited to anything that Paul does.... wedding or otherwise. Julian is the offspring of a former co-worker, one that Paul hasn't worked with in HOW many decades? Why should Paul feel obligated and why would the fans feel that he's obligated to invite Julian, Sean, Pattie, Cynthia, whoever to anything he does?

I've worked at my current job longer than Paul was in the Beatles and I wouldn't invite ANY of my co-workers kids to any event I was involved in. Hell, I woudln't invite most of my co-workers to anything when it gets right down to it. That's not a slight to any of them OR their kids, I just don't see why I would "need" to do that, nor do I see one single reason that Paul should "need" to do this.

I don't see it as any sort of slight to Julian, his mom or anyone else associated with the former Beatles.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TGIElvis7

Members online

No members online now.