Judas Priest (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
That was a one-off album if I'm not mistaken. The band did something different that they had wanted to do for years (supposedly) and were at a point in their career when they felt they could. I seriously doubt we'd see anything like that again. I would assume Angel or better would be what we see.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I saw these guys when they were just pups, touring with Kiss.

I remember K.K.'s hair really long and really straight. He played the entire show in the 'Rock Guitarist Stance'. Right up against the stack of amps, feet spread apart, head thrown back, and just wailing.

Here's another little interesting thing I remember. That show, JP wasn't the opener. They were the 'middle card'.

The opener? A band called Piper. Fronted by Billy Squier.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Angel of Retribution is a good album but not a big fan of Loch Ness. Its far too long and gets tedious.

Lynch

Reaction score
I really like Loch Ness. It is a bit long, but not so long that I ever fastforward through it or skip it. Always a good listen for me.

Lynch

Reaction score
Just saw this on JP's facebook page.

http://www.jammit.com/artist/judas-priest

You can purchase isolated tracks from songs. By that, I mean the vocal track, the bass, drums or guitar tracks. VERY cool for aspiring musicians or just for those of us that could appreciate the instuments separately.

According to the website, they will be adding a new song every week. I hope that when/if they do that, they continue to keep the older tracks.

My only question about this, is it the actual/original tracks, or is this something that some musicians are doing in a studio somewhere? I wouldn't have questioned it, until I saw Line6 on the right side of the guitar track, and I really doubt that JP used Line6 amps 30 years ago (doubt they even existed back then).

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score

You can purchase isolated tracks from songs. By that, I mean the vocal track, the bass, drums or guitar tracks. VERY cool for aspiring musicians or just for those of us that could appreciate the instuments separately.

According to the website, they will be adding a new song every week. I hope that when/if they do that, they continue to keep the older tracks.

My only question about this, is it the actual/original tracks, or is this something that some musicians are doing in a studio somewhere? I wouldn't have questioned it, until I saw Line6 on the right side of the guitar track, and I really doubt that JP used Line6 amps 30 years ago (doubt they even existed back then).

For Christ's sake. The next twenty years are going to be expensive ones. Baby Boomers prepare for the onslaught.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Think thats a cool idea.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online