Journey (Official Thread)

Fever

Reaction score
Re: The Official JOURNEY Thread

I saw this Journey tribute band Frontiers a few years ago.They were pretty good.Lead singer Jeremy Hunsicker was considered for the lead vocalist job that went to Pineda.Hunsicker co-wrote Never Walk Away on the Revelations cd

FireandWater

Family Man
Reaction score

Dunbar is my hero. One of the best drummers of all time. My wife is a big Steve Perry fan but the music they mad pre-Perry was just amazing.

Mr. T

Reaction score

I'm really liking this new single.

I'm with ya 1000% on that RC! And Human Feel sounds pretty good to me also. I am foaming at the mouth for the whole album!

I've been with these guys from the beginning as I see many of you have also from reading this whole thread. I saw Fever posted some clips with Robert Fleischman and I just wanted to add a bit of info about him that some may not realize.

I always felt kind of sorry for him because he really was a good singer (No, not as good as Perry) and he kinda got the shaft. He co-wrote several of the songs on Infinity including Wheel In The Sky, Winds of March and Anytime. Their manager at the time was Herbie Herbert and he simply didn't like Robert thus... enter Steve. The rest of that story is that Robert went on to record a solo album called Perfect Stranger which is an absolute gem and features a song written by himself with Neil and Gregg that came out of those writing sessions for Infinity. Neil and Gregg also play on it and no doubt would have been on Infinity if only...

It is looooooong out of print and has never been issued on CD but is well worth finding if you like Infinity. I am lucky to have 2 copies of it! There was a vinyl rip mp3 version floating around which I also have but even that was nearly impossible find. Anyway... if you are interested and can't find it let me know and I'll (cough) hook ya up! :grinthumb

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score

I'm with ya 1000% on that RC! And Human Feel sounds pretty good to me also. I am foaming at the mouth for the whole album!

It's gonna be a cracker; not long to go now!

I've been with these guys from the beginning as I see many of you have also from reading this whole thread. I saw Fever posted some clips with Robert Fleischman and I just wanted to add a bit of info about him that some may not realize.

I always felt kind of sorry for him because he really was a good singer (No, not as good as Perry) and he kinda got the shaft. He co-wrote several of the songs on Infinity including Wheel In The Sky, Winds of March and Anytime. Their manager at the time was Herbie Herbert and he simply didn't like Robert thus... enter Steve. The rest of that story is that Robert went on to record a solo album called Perfect Stranger which is an absolute gem and features a song written by himself with Neil and Gregg that came out of those writing sessions for Infinity. Neil and Gregg also play on it and no doubt would have been on Infinity if only...

He was a very capable singer, no doubts there. Nothing against Perry, but I would have liked at least a full album w/ a Fleischman fronted Journey. His helium vocals on Vinnie Vincent's first solo album are killer (If not extremely OTT, but hey, who doesn't like a bit of cheese?)!

It is looooooong out of print and has never been issued on CD but is well worth finding if you like Infinity. I am lucky to have 2 copies of it! There was a vinyl rip mp3 version floating around which I also have but even that was nearly impossible find. Anyway... if you are interested and can't find it let me know and I'll (cough) hook ya up! :grinthumb

Could you please fire me off a PM about that TUИEZ, assuming the offer's still open? There's so many brilliant 70s and 80s AOR/hard rock albums that still haven't been released on CD :'[

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

When I was still doing radio, Rob Fleischman and I emailed back and forth for about 2 months back in 2005-2006. He sent me an envelope with 3-4 self released solo albums that he appeared to have recorded in a home studio. They weren't even official and he told me they might never be. They were homemade cd-r's. A lot of it was instrumental stuff and he rerecorded at least a couple of Journey tunes he originally wrote.

Wish I still had those laying around.

Mr. T

Reaction score

Could you please fire me off a PM about that TUИEZ, assuming the offer's still open? There's so many brilliant 70s and 80s AOR/hard rock albums that still haven't been released on CD :'[

Done bro! :grinthumb

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score

Done bro! :grinthumb

Thank again for that, I really ended up enjoying it. "All for You" was by far the best thing on that album (No doubt having Schon and Rollie on board helped!), but the rest of the material was really fun. "Never Never Land" was awesome, I could have seen that one making Infinity.

Mr. T

Reaction score

Thank again for that, I really ended up enjoying it. "All for You" was by far the best thing on that album (No doubt having Schon and Rollie on board helped!), but the rest of the material was really fun. "Never Never Land" was awesome, I could have seen that one making Infinity.

No problemo bro... glad you liked it. Another one I could have seen on Infinity is Ace In The Hole. :grinthumb

Mr. T

Reaction score

Journey have released the official trailer for Eclipse... I can't wait!

Hardnecker

Reaction score

Wow! This sounds like it is going to be great. There wasn't anything in there that I didn't like. I feel sorry for all the people that think Journey isn't viable without Steve Perry. They are missing out on some great music. Rock on Neal Schon!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online