Journey (Official Thread)

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Re: The Official JOURNEY Thread

I happen to be a fan of Arnel, myself. Is he a better singer than Steven? No but he has a powerful voice and as a frontman he I prefer him to Steve, he has so much more energy.

At this point in time he is a better singer than Perry is. Perry hasn't done anything in 15 years. I've been hearing for years he has songs written but still no release. I loved Perry's voice as much as anyone but I'm way over the fact that he's not in the band anymore. I don't fault Neal one bit for carrying on the band that was built around him. Arnel is a fine singer and Journey is in great shape right now. I think the new cd will be a Neal Schon Journey record and those that prefer the ballads will be whining.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

Lol..Here I am in the Journey thread :)...:pullhair:

I'm NOT a loyal fan and I detest Steve Perry (personal reasons) but I must say after almost 30 years ,I NOW can listen to them without cringing ..

Mostly because of Arnel . His voice suits the band /legacy /and I believe can carry it to a new level:grinthumb

That being said ..I attended my 12 year old son Spring Concert . He plays flute in the band..They did a Journey Medley of Journey songs..it was REALLY good..the older kids filled in with guitars and piano and drums..

on the list was : Don't Stop Believen', Seperate Ways, Send My Love, and the dreaded Open Arms :tongue:...And I ENJOYED how they did it..it was fun to listen to it in this form and it was a crowd pleaser !

Anyway .I wanted to share that and also to say I'm on the recovery system on Journey music..it slowly becomes less annoying for me lol..years sooth those painful memories I guess..:cheers2:heheh:

and it's all good now..

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

:heheh:

That sounded like a fun performance Astrid! :grinthumb

Fever

Reaction score

This video has Randy Jackson on bass

Hardnecker

Reaction score

Deen Castronovo's vocal ability doesn't get discussed much. His versions of Still They Ride and Mother Father are spot on. His drumming is very powerful and very underrated. I think his contributions to the current lineup are huge.

Balance

Reaction score

Just getting my Journey fix on this afternoon. Checking out Jeff Scott Soto's take on I'll Be Alright Without You. I thought he sang it pretty darn good.
Not a JSS fan? Got the real deal for you as well. :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebDimond

Staff online

Members online