Journey (Official Thread)

Balance

Reaction score
Re: The Official JOURNEY Thread

Thanks to the YT poster on this new Journey Tune, although the audio will not do any justice to the actual studio version.... I'm soooooooo waiting for the CD. Out of all the songs thus far, this one hooked me. Enjoy guys & gals if you can..... RESONATE

Mr. T

Reaction score

Just HAD to throw this one in... only tour and album with Randy Jackson on bass and Larry Londin on drums lol

Hardnecker

Reaction score

I saw that tour in Hollywood, Fl. R on R was a disappointing record for me. Neal was using his Schon guitars at the time. Who knew Randy Jackson would be such a pop icon. He's a good bass player.

Rockperson

Reaction score

Journey have been one of my favourite bands since around 1982/1983, first got into these after recording on my old VHS video the show on BBC 1 with Annie Nightingale from the Summit Theatre in Houston Texas.

The three pre Perry albums are really good but completely different to what was coming.

The Perry years were by far my favourite era even though the last two albums - Raised On Radio and Trial By Fire were just a little less than the brilliance before them.

Evolution is still my favourite album, love the sound on this, Perry sounds great and Schon`s guitar is brilliant as always.

I do like the post Perry albums but IMO, not a patch on their classic albums. Looking forward to Eclipse, all reports suggest a rockin` album.

Off to see them at the start of June with Foreigner and Styx. Never had the pleasure of seeing them in the peak years but saw them with Augeri and JSS(he was great).

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

I didnt grow up listening to the pre-Perry Journey but I wish I had. I first heard "Infinity" and "Evolution" on 8-track in '79 in my friend's sister's Trans Am. Loved 'em ever since.

Then there was the summers of '81 and '82 and the Escape album. Every rocker chick I knew liked that album so I heard it ALOT, it was like the soundtrack to summer beach fun and drinking and hangin' out.

I have all the Journey on vinyl from the S/T to "Raised On Radio" and the greatest hits and other compilations and "Captured".

I like the new singer, the little Columian guy whatever his name is. He can really pull off the old stuff. I dont really miss Steve Perry that much, I mean I love that era and I wish he was still with 'em (if he could still sing like that) but I've made peace with their break-up so whatever.

Rockperson

Reaction score

I didnt grow up listening to the pre-Perry Journey but I wish I had. I first heard "Infinity" and "Evolution" on 8-track in '79 in my friend's sister's Trans Am. Loved 'em ever since.

Then there was the summers of '81 and '82 and the Escape album. Every rocker chick I knew liked that album so I heard it ALOT, it was like the soundtrack to summer beach fun and drinking and hangin' out.

I have all the Journey on vinyl from the S/T to "Raised On Radio" and the greatest hits and other compilations and "Captured".

I like the new singer, the little Columian guy whatever his name is. He can really pull off the old stuff. I dont really miss Steve Perry that much, I mean I love that era and I wish he was still with 'em (if he could still sing like that) but I've made peace with their break-up so whatever.

Arnel is from the Phillipines (hope you don`t mind the correction), I`ll be seeing Journey tomorrow evening, agreed he does a great job on singing the older Perry era songs :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

This song makes me cry a lot of times when I hear it.

(Mainly I'm just reviving the Journey thread with something that isn't off "Eclipse" :p)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

It really is. "Faithfully" and "Open Arms" are the epitome of those ballads that were Journey's bread and butter in the 80's but they still soooo good. Plus from just about everything I've ever seen Journey they are a better live band than a studio band, with Steve or Arnel. :good

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Agreed there!! Journey's power really shows live!!! :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online